Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

3nd Annual AR15.com Rockcastle Pro Am 3 Gun Championships

I was the British ro on Pro 2 - thanks to all the competitors who had to put up with my bad pronunciation of American names & i must remember its not "shooter" in the deep hoe ;)

The rain made me home sick & you can keep that heat , but the week was great.

A big thanks to all the ro's who made me most welcome.

David Kiddle.

Had an awesome time hang out with you! Be sure to let me know when your back. It was an awesome experience, both shooting, and having the honor of being an RO. Thanks everyone for the kind words after shooting Pro 6!

Bob

Spelling edit

Edited by BobS761

• Replies 566
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

I was the British ro on Pro 2 - thanks to all the competitors who had to put up with my bad pronunciation of American names & i must remember its not "shooter" in the deep hoe ;)

The rain made me home sick & you can keep that heat , but the week was great.

A big thanks to all the ro's who made me most welcome.

David Kiddle.

Had an awesome time hang out with you! Be sure to let me know when your back. It was an awesome experience, both shooting, and having the hoor of being an RO. Thanks everyone for the kind words after shooting Pro 6!

Bob

is that Honor or Horror? :P

Im sure some of you guys will be running the stages in your sleep for the next couple of weeks lol

Squad 10 was a great group to shoot with last weekend. Two of my squad mates were Navy Seals Aaron and Mike. It was my honor to share range time with 2 American hero's from our most elite group of warriors. Aaron served with fellow Texas Chris Kyle, so getting to know him was very special to me. The Pro Am is the only match that has fun starting after the last shot of the day is fired. I will always have this on my yearly schedule. Thanks to Mark Wills for the very casual entertainment on Friday night.

This was my first ProAm 3-gun match and my first trip to Rockcastle. I had a great time shooting the AM match with the RO's. A big thanks to Gary, Trapr, Dale, Nobles, Linda, all of the sponsors and behind the scenes people that made this match happen. I also enjoyed RO'ing AM stage 7(Fri morning) and AM stage 4(Fri & Sat). I look forward to coming back to Rockcastle to shoot again. I will likely work the match again and might even shoot Pro next year.

Ryan Newbern

This was the second ProAM I've ROed, and have to say that the shooters were absolutely the nicest, and fastest resetters I've ever run! :cheers:

I also want to thank Gary, Rangemasters, scoring staff, and the Nobles for a fine match!

Hopefully, next year will be a little cooler. Due to heat issues, I don't even remember shooting the last 3 stages. :surprise:

Hopefully, next year will be a little cooler. Due to heat issues, I don't even remember shooting the last 3 stages. :surprise:

This was the coolest of the 3 Rockcastle matches to date...Pro-Am 1 and 2 were much hotter...heck, we even got rain this time to cool things down a little.

Highs-great match, unbelievable sponsor/vendor support, great RO's and as always Rockcastle is hard to beat. Ditto on the weather being better than last year

Lows-I saw to ND's/AD's; one involved a handgun that was discharged into the berm as it was being picked up from a table the other was a rifle discharged into the air in the midst of two squads that were moving between stages. The first was a stage DQ; the second a match DQ

Suggestions-no outside food vendor this year; I'd think having one or two food trucks would be good for the host, sponsors and shooters.

Overall; a great match......will be back again next year.

This was the coolest of the 3 Rockcastle matches to date...Pro-Am 1 and 2 were much hotter...heck, we even got rain this time to cool things down a little.

I worked it last year, and I thought it felt cooler. Maybe the dewpoint was lower. This year about kicked my A$$.

I didn't get chewed up by chiggers last year either. Next year, I'm going to stink like insect repellant! :cheers:

I would like to thank all of the generous sponsors, match staff, people who worked stats, and ROs for there hard work in this match. I enjoy coming to Rockcastle every year for the ProAm. My only wish is that the stages would get a little bigger. I will be trying to get in again next year.

Hurley

I would like to thank all of the generous sponsors, match staff, people who worked stats, and ROs for there hard work in this match. I enjoy coming to Rockcastle every year for the ProAm. My only wish is that the stages would get a little bigger. I will be trying to get in again next year.

Hurley

They have gotten smaller and shorter each year. As the attendence goes up the stages get shorter.

I don't blame them, the number of participants is nutty.

Give ya a buck next time we meet if you can tell me where the expression "balls to the wall" comes from Mr. Goldstrom

And NO you don't get to google it first, best guess or nothing. :)

Edited by kurtm

I had an absolute blast at the match! We had a great squad and got lucky enough to be at Cracker Barrel during the storm. Awesome prize table once again.

Here's my humble contribution. Boy, if I could only re-do that power line stage. Painful to watch.