Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

How many club matches do you attend each year?

CHA-LEE

• Replies 92
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

1 a month from March to October at my home club. That's if a nearby major doesn't land on the same weekend. This year I managed to shoot 7 locals and 5 majors.

I personally see a greater advantage in spending most of my shooting time on the practice range trying to polish up the ugly areas of my game that get exposed during the big matches. I'd rather spend my precious time and ammunition focusing on drills and scenarios that I struggle with instead of shooting the rather simple and straightforward stage designs found at most level 1 matches.

I would say that i am very lucky, I have missed 3 Tuesday night steel matches in the last 2 years. (weekly Match 95% steel)

so 50ish matches plus every weekend there is at least 1 uspsa or 3gun match that i can make it out to.

I would say most of us arizona shooters easily shoot 80 matches a year. at that is basically all at one club.

• 1 year later...

I started shooting USPSA a couple years ago and have been pretty much consumed by it ever since. I have spent thousands of dollars on equipment and ammo and tons of time practicing and dry firing in my basement. When I am not shooting....I am thinking about shooting (been lots of that going on this winter).

There are matches every weekend within two hours of where I live and I try to get to as many matches as I can, yet in the last two years I have attended 28 total! That's just 14 a year...1.16 matches a month! Now I did shoot the Bianchi Cup and a couple 3 gun matches as well during that time, but I sometimes feel like I should be shooting more matches, if I am going to put this much effort into the sport. Anyway...got me to wondering how many matches others shot in a year.

20-25

I just started middle of last summer however that is what I project to shoot this year, I was shooting 2 a month last year. There will be some weekends that my wife has to work that I might venture to another club match that I don't normally attend as well this year.