Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

Getting old

gino_aki

So here I am scrambling for all the OT I can get so as to have enough bucks to renew some things before the L-10 Nationals in October...ya know, maybe update the holster, possibly put together a back up gun...new prescription shooting glasses fer sure and what does my body announce it needs as my next new $400.00 shooting accessory? A knee brace. And not one of those neoprene and aluminum bar pieces of crap you get at Sports Authority but one of them $859 (On Sale!! Just $399... :huh:) types them pro football players wear. Geez.

I know the feeling 2 bad knees on top of neuropathy. I do good to get up and walk to the bathroom some mornings. It does beat the hell out of the other option.

My buddy just got a liver transplant and is back shooting for the first time in 3 years.

I just get up everyday and remember there are plenty of people worse off than I am. I might be slow now but I can still shoot. Stay positive.

If I knew I was going to live this long I would have treated myself better :roflol:

Left ankle bone on bone and not repairable right now, two bad knees but not bad enough to replace, back-maintained for now, and real bad hands that will be operated on in November.

I hate getting old but I guess it beats the alternative................... Just barely at times :mellow:

Getting old is not for pu##y's. I'm 66, getting a new knee next year and just got a lens transplant on the left eye and the right in 2 weeks. Bionic shooting.

The cool thing is, you still kicked plenty of the youngin's butts last weekend in Kentucky :cheers:

Getting old is not for pu##y's. I'm 66, getting a new knee next year and just got a lens transplant on the left eye and the right in 2 weeks. Bionic shooting.

The cool thing is, you still kicked plenty of the youngin's butts last weekend in Kentucky :cheers:

Sweet! :sight:

"Damn those twentys. Treated my body like an amusement park."
Exquisitely put. :D I did the same. If I'd had those handful of motorcycle accidents NOW I'd be intantly dead. As it was, I actually walked away from all of them (not so much the bike, though).

Two bad knees (4 surgeries), untreated spinal fractures, and two bionic hips later, I keep forcing myself to bear in mind that there ARE people worse off than me. Some days that isn't easy. :angry2:

I hear ya. I just started working out again. The sounds my body makes is sad. Each rep I hear pop,pop and the joint pain sucks. The best part is the sissy weights I'm lifting :roflol: . My 19 year old just looks at me and laughs.

I know the feeling. Just be sure to remind him his turn is coming :devil:

I will be 40 in a few months and have already had carpal tunnel release in both hands, plantar fasciitis release in my left foot, ulnar transition in my right elbow and had to have a pin put in my right foot last year for a stress fracture that would not heal. All this in the last four year....not looking forward to the next 10.

SIG- a lady of your iconic beauty never gets old.

Chris- you're out there every weekend running. I can only hope after the crap my body has been through that I can even walk at your age. And I mean all that as a true compliment.

Hell, I've been shot, stabbed, blown up....even came close to being on the wrong end of a shot from an Abrahms. I feel fortunate now, and can only hope my body holds up through my next 20-30 years.

Hindsight being 20/20, which my eyes are no longer, I still would not have changed a thing. I figure I'm just paying the tab on one Hell of a ride. Besides, the pain of the day provides exitement.....wonder what will hurt today? :)

• 2 weeks later...