Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

Best mags for 9mm 1911

Steve RA

Depends what you type of gun you are running, I have tripps for my STI and the factory(metalform, I think) they have run 100% only issue I have had was with a Wilson etm but I hear other people have success with them.

I like the Wilson's but cut two coils off as I'm running a 9lb recoil spring and the Wilson mag springs were slowing the slide. Also have a set of Metalform magazines, good mags but prefer the Wilson easier to polish both inside and out and a stronger design on the body, the plastic followers work great.

I shoot an indoor league on Tuesday nights and they get dropped on concrete quite a bit with no problems. Mine were some of the first so they are several years old.

Dawson magazines look like Metalform with Dawson bumper pads to me.

Which ever brand of magazine you chose. Be sure and check ejector clearance with the slide removed. My Wilson's hit the ejector causing it to break. Replaced the stock ejector in my Trojan with a 38/40 ejector and needed to remove a little material from the bottom of the new ejector, you should be able to pull a small strip of paper between the magazine and the ejector with pressure on the base of the magazine as you would during a reload. If the paper catches it to tight.

I tried the Tripp and Wilson mags.....I bought Tripp mags and feel that I made the right decision. I'm actually going to order more because I only have four. I've never been a fan of the Wilson mags and like said before, they were harder to seat in the gun when fully loaded.

All guns are different and you will need to find the right combination for yours. I can use only round nose bullets in mine. That being said. With 10 rounds loaded the Metalforms work in both my 9mm Colt and 9mm Predator Tactical. The Tripps I have only work in the Predator if they are loaded to 8 rounds but will work in the Colt with 10 rounds loaded. The Wilsons are not really reliable in either one with more than 8 rounds loaded.

You mileage may vary.

woof

Where can you get the best deal for Tripp mags? Is there a minimum to buy for a discount. Also, I have a 38 super single stack, does Tripp have 10 round mags for that?

www.trippresearch.com

He has 9mm, 38 super, 10mm, .40, .45 mags

Want to see which 9mm mags majority favors ??

I love my Tripp Research mags. Tubes are longer with the basepad wrapping around them so they don't stack so much.

TRIPP COBRA- I have 7 in 9mm- have never had any problems with them :rolleyes: