• Replies 653
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Budget G17 open gun.

Gen 1 slide

LW barrel

Carver 3 port comp

ISMI 11# spring on a LW stainless captured rod.

My G35 limited frame with:

Dawson magwell

SJC big button mag release

Burris FF3 8moa

Ghost trigger parts/springs

3.5 connector

.50 cent trigger job

In my garage stipple job

image-1.jpg

Edited by Force

• 3 weeks later...

Took the plunge and decided to build a Glock Open gun. I have a Lone Wolf Frame that I'll be using with a Glock 22 upper. Placed an order with Bobby Carver today for one of his Glock kits. I'll have the C-More, C-More mount, spring, slide racker, comp, barrel, and guide rod by the end of the week. Hoping to have it all together by the end of the month and some load data / results / and video's up by end of the month.

Soo many great guns in this thread. I don't want to get off post but I see there is a little discussion going on in this thread. Is there a reason why a person doesn't see many open 34s? I just picked one up and bought a non threaded KKM barrel for it and thinking about sending it back for a threaded and comp barrel from KKM but figured I would pick some of minds on here about it and why you don't see to many before I dump too much money to then find out why you don't lol.

Thanks guys

Having shot both in an open div set up, I prefer the G17 platform. It feels like it cycles faster, its shorter for quicker transitions, and to me....it just feels better. All of that are personal preferences. I'm sure the guys who run a G34 will disagree, but to each his own.

(edited because I type in tourettes)

Edited by Noximus03

All parts are here to build my open gun. Bobby from Carver Customs sent some sweet stuff my way! He hooked me up with the barrel, comp, C-More, Blue / Silver C-More mount, and 2 guide rods and springs.

Lone Wolf also has sent me a full size frame. This frame is sweet! I've put the smaller back strap on the gun since I have some smaller hands. Love the extended mag release feature. Makes changing the mags a lot easier.

ZEV Tech also makes a sweet fulcrum trigger. It arrived today and was the last piece I needed for the entire gun.

I can't wait to find some time and sit down to assemble the gun. This gun is a Glock 22, so .40 Cal Open gun. I know some of you are probably asking why. Reason for the .40 Cal is that I am able to get free brass in 5 gallon buckets and all the brass is .40 Cal once shot brass. As far as magazines, I am using Glock 22 round big sticks and I'll be placing an order for Taran Tactical Extended Base Pads here in the near future.

I added some teaser pics of Bobby Carvers parts that I got in!

More updates and pictures to come soon!

post-28184-0-54681600-1367297823_thumb.j

All parts are here to build my open gun. Bobby from Carver Customs sent some sweet stuff my way! He hooked me up with the barrel, comp, C-More, Blue / Silver C-More mount, and 2 guide rods and springs.

Lone Wolf also has sent me a full size frame. This frame is sweet! I've put the smaller back strap on the gun since I have some smaller hands. Love the extended mag release feature. Makes changing the mags a lot easier.

ZEV Tech also makes a sweet fulcrum trigger. It arrived today and was the last piece I needed for the entire gun.

I can't wait to find some time and sit down to assemble the gun. This gun is a Glock 22, so .40 Cal Open gun. I know some of you are probably asking why. Reason for the .40 Cal is that I am able to get free brass in 5 gallon buckets and all the brass is .40 Cal once shot brass. As far as magazines, I am using Glock 22 round big sticks and I'll be placing an order for Taran Tactical Extended Base Pads here in the near future.

I added some teaser pics of Bobby Carvers parts that I got in!

More updates and pictures to come soon!

Make sure you post some pictures when it fully built,

I modified my carver mount and this is the result.

photo1yv.jpg

photo3yyw.jpg

photo2xu.jpg

Nicely done! Been toying with the idea of taking a Deltapoint & mounting it 90 degrees. It would be taller that way & would look a lot closer to a C-More size window.

Edited by Glockman1000

Hopefully Bobby comes out with a 90 degree mount. I would love to see a interchangeable top section for my Carver Custom Competition Mount that I have now.

Hopefully Bobby comes out with a 90 degree mount. I would love to see a interchangeable top section for my Carver Custom Competition Mount that I have now.

From what I am understanding they are looking into the 90° mount due to popular demand

Here is my budget fun build. I traded slides with a guy who had this Burris FF machined in a G4 G22. It has a rear sight plate that screws into the spot so I would be able to switch it to irons if necessary. I am still playing with it deciding if I like open, I am certainly blind enough to benefit from it. Otherwise a LW barrel (and a 40-9 barrel to shoot steel with) and a Firedragon comp (only thing I found in stock without looking really hard). I am still waiting on my Dawson Ice magwell. Homebrew trigger job. Its not pretty but fun.

DSC_0012_zps0bf6a938.jpg