Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

OPEN GLOCKS

fuentesd99

Slide mount or frame mount and y fellas? If frame mount horizontal or 90° mount? Best comp for minor?

The frame mount is very easy to install. However, it is required to mill down the ejection port to give the spent casings room to be ejected. I also installed a 40 cal ejector, so the spent casings would eject out the side rather than up. (9mm gun) Installing the 90 degree sight mount would have the benefit in that no slide work would be needed, and the sight would be lower. The down side to the 90 degree sight mount would be having to drill a hole in the frame.

I thought all the frame mounts needed to be drilled into frame? Correct me here or enlighten me lol

The Carver Cmore mount that sits normally does not need to have a hole drilled into the frame. It mounts on the frame with a pin that goes through the trigger pin hole. The front part of the mount attaches to the light rail. The 90 degree sideways mount does not attachl to the light rail. So in order to get the mount to hold on to the frame you need to drill a hole. If you go to B&B Enterprises web sight and go to mounts it shows pictures of the different mounts availbe. It might be easyer to visulize it.

• Replies 653
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Slide mount or frame mount and y fellas? If frame mount horizontal or 90° mount? Best comp for minor?

The frame mount is very easy to install. However, it is required to mill down the ejection port to give the spent casings room to be ejected. I also installed a 40 cal ejector, so the spent casings would eject out the side rather than up. (9mm gun) Installing the 90 degree sight mount would have the benefit in that no slide work would be needed, and the sight would be lower. The down side to the 90 degree sight mount would be having to drill a hole in the frame.

I thought all the frame mounts needed to be drilled into frame? Correct me here or enlighten me lol

The Carver Cmore mount that sits normally does not need to have a hole drilled into the frame. It mounts on the frame with a pin that goes through the trigger pin hole. The front part of the mount attaches to the light rail. The 90 degree sideways mount does not attachl to the light rail. So in order to get the mount to hold on to the frame you need to drill a hole. If you go to B&B Enterprises web sight and go to mounts it shows pictures of the different mounts availbe. It might be easyer to visulize it.

Oh ok I got ya!! Thanks! Not a fan of those carver mounts though :-/

Not trying to plug the products, just stating facts here.

Benefits of a Carver mount- No mods needed, the frame is made from aircraft aluminum and the screws are stainless steel. Easily removable for the occasional deep cleaning of your gun. More color options. More scope type mounting options.

Benefits of an SJC mount- less material, any open holster will work with it provided the holster maker has a Glock model, upright or 90 deg options.

Yes, I am a Caver shooter.

No, I do not use a Carver mount.

Yes, Bobby will happily install, modify, tune, and test any part you want to add to your gun.

Bobby is a distributor for many Glock specific after market companies, and installs all of them as well. My open gun is on this thread, and if you look at the parts breakdown....its truly an amalgamation of different makers parts options. It was all built and tuned by Bobby, but not all parts designs are Bobby's. I went with what I could go with that I felt would work best for me as a shooter, and that would be my best advice to anyone planning an open Glock build. I have had alot of guys on here PM me with questions and help with their open builds, and I have done my best to be informative and unbiased. I dont steer people or try to hock Bobby's design, I dont think thats right, and thats not how we do business.

There are pro/cons to either of the choices above, and they are the best two choices for Open builds on a polymer gun. It will really all boil down to what do you think is best for you as a shooter? Feel free to ask me any questions and I'll be glad to help if I can.

Joe

I think that Adams G22 gun, so a GR for a 34/5 wouldnt work too well. Are you needing info for your build?

No I was just curious about why it stuck so far out in front of the frame.

I actually just bought my first open glock and it should be here next week mid-week.

I picked it up on the classifieds from SUPERDUPER and it's a Carver Customs G17, I am pretty excited!

Anyone use S&B primers through Glocks?

Ah, I see what youre talking about. Thats just a recess so one could safely run a FLGR instead of the traditional plastic one. Its just an empty hole.

Yes, I know the gun, you got a helluva deal. Enjoy it! I've never heard of anyone using S&B primers, that doesnt mean someone doesnt, Ive jut never heard of it. I run Federal's and Winchesters myself. Go through this thread, theres a bunch of data some guys added, might anser your question. Welcome to the Darkside.

Will do, I pick up a few thousand today.

I look forward to it and I feel like I got a pretty good deal. I can't wait to get it :)

Can you believe I got rid of my 2011 Trubor for this one? :)

I miss my Glock, but still wanted to be in open. Now I can have both!

Ah, I see what youre talking about. Thats just a recess so one could safely run a FLGR instead of the traditional plastic one. Its just an empty hole.

Yes, I know the gun, you got a helluva deal. Enjoy it! I've never heard of anyone using S&B primers, that doesnt mean someone doesnt, Ive jut never heard of it. I run Federal's and Winchesters myself. Go through this thread, theres a bunch of data some guys added, might anser your question. Welcome to the Darkside.

Edited by RangeJunkie

Not all frame mounts are drilled in to the frame. This one replaces the trigger pin like the SJC & Carver. Fits in my holster without modifying it.

post-25308-0-75024800-1360140806_thumb.j

• 1 month later...

Here's a picture of my Glock 17 open. This will be my second season using this one.

Features:

KKM barrel

SJC magwell

13 lb spring

C'More STS

Zev trigger

and a few other odds and ends. I enjoyed the first season shooting open but it was quite an eye opener. Finding the dot was a bit tricky at first, but with some

dry fire practice that works itself out in time.

post-7514-0-03447100-1363196037_thumb.jp

I have done this, save your money and have an STi built. the price sucks but you will never be happier

I don't agree I just sold my Steelmaster and gonna have an open glock built. I like shooting my glocks. Some people love them and some hate them. Different stokes for different folks

8575720694_d97fb6af6f.jpg

I finally took the plunge and built my super budget open gun. I built it on a used 22C I got cheep a couple years ago. it has a LW 357sig barrel I found used with a Briley titanium comp I got off the classifieds here, a SJC 90deg mount with a old C-more serendipity converted to slide ride, and lastly a brass mag well I picked up used. I'm running a TF +8 extention that holds 24 rounds easily and a GLOCK 22 round mag that I can stuff 23 in. I have run a couple of matches with it now and it is a blast to shoot.

Mike

It's certainly do-able. I have a KKM barrel and comp coming too so it will be nearly a "real" open gun. I don't plan to campaign it too seriously, but I wanted it to play around with, and I carry that top end every day with the stock barrel.