Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

OPEN GLOCKS

fuentesd99

The comp is better than the ported barrel. The only way I would run without a comp is shooting 3 gun where you might want a std holster. In that case a 34 with ports in the barrel through the factory cutout and a slide ride dot might be a nice setup

• Replies 653
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Hey guys i have a question on a build. Would a side ride (sjc) cmore work as a cowitness set up? Would the front sight hit the cmore optic?

Yes, the front sight will DEFINITELY hit the mount. If you want to shoot irons and a dot seperately buy a Carver Hunter mount. If you want to shoot a true cowitness setup your best bet is to install suppressor sights and have the slide milled for a microdot like the Trijicon RMR. Edited by mike g35

I shoot a G17L with storm lake 4 port barrel with minor loads for steel challenge and 3 gun. I have shot my major loads thru it and its pretty rough compared to a compensated barrel.

I have shot a few open guns with a sideways mounted red dot co witnessed with their iron sights. I liked it on really close targets and you never have trouble losing your dot.

Since we are talking about G34's, my question is; has anyone had any experience with using a ported

barrel in a G34?

Since it has the cut out in the slide, I was wondering if it would work as good as a compensator?

A 6 port, ported barrel, slide ride dot, competition trigger sounds like a sweet package....

I've tried the very barrel that you're describing. After 1 box of ammo, I put the barrel away and ordered a true compensator. Between the fireball and the hot powder zinging me in the face, I decided any perceived benefits weren't worth it.

photo7_zps7298a04e.jpg

Now with the 4th of July coming up, the fireballs would be entertaining....

I have never experienced any fireballs or hot powder out of my Storm Lake 4 port. I shot it today in a local match instead of running my major glock. It felt like a .22

It's so fast on doubles.

Well I have finally gotten back into Glocks and I bought a used G34. It is bone stock and I would like to turn it into a full Open gun for IPSC here in Canada. I would like to shoot major as well. What parts do you recommend?

I was thinking of an after market barrel with a comp, how many ports?

I would like a red dot for my aging eyes, what mounting method?

Holster?

Well I have finally gotten back into Glocks and I bought a used G34. It is bone stock and I would like to turn it into a full Open gun for IPSC here in Canada. I would like to shoot major as well. What parts do you recommend?

I was thinking of an after market barrel with a comp, how many ports?

I would like a red dot for my aging eyes, what mounting method?

Holster?

I have a lone wolf barrel, 3 port comp carver slideride mount. i find that the carver balances and stiffens the gun a huge amount, i haven't had the opportunity to shoot a sjc mount but i cant see it being as strong as the carver. the only downfall is you have to use a cr speed holster, but dont get me wrong. if modified correctly you can end up with a fantastic holster. i would recommend talking to bobby carver from b&b enterprise about building a glock though.

I agree. Bobby Carver builds the best open Glocks out there. the Carver mount with the CR Speed modified holster works great. Check the classifieds here. There are always guys selling Glock gear there.

I agree. Bobby Carver builds the best open Glocks out there. the Carver mount with the CR Speed modified holster works great. Check the classifieds here. There are always guys selling Glock gear there.

You currently having several for sale makes that sound like an utterly shameless plug, no?

You currently having several for sale makes that sound like an utterly shameless plug, no?
Post was meant purely as a joke. I DO however think Carver builds the best open Glocks out there. I just don't think they're for me. Shameless plug? I can see it being seen that way, but that was not my intent. I shoulda posted a smiley face after the last sentence I guess.

• 5 weeks later...

Seems like this thread has been dead for a while now.... How's everyone's open Glock shooting? Anyone make or find any new changes that really help the gun or accuracy?

I was thinking the same thing! I may be building an Open Glock soon and I have always enjoyed coming to this thread for inspiration!

So I guess I'll ask this, still coming up with some loads for my G22 .40 Open Gun. Anybody have a good major and minor load? I have HS6, VV3N38, and VVN320 powders on hand to use right now.

As far as bullets go I believe I have some Montana Gold 155GR Hollow Points to use for now.

Suggestions?

I've only shot it at two matches and a couple practice sessions and the build up isn't bad. You will have to clean it more often of course, but the BBI takes less powder to make major than a JHP.