Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

OPEN GLOCKS

fuentesd99

• Replies 653
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Ah magazine would be my guess. Had the same issue and eventually Robin Taylor from Taylor Freelance set me straight.

He had me sand down all of the hard edges on the followers, clean the crap out of the tube, and trim away any excess material from the feedlip areas. Worked wonders

My setup is near identical to yours, so its worth a shot

Sent from my DROID RAZR using Tapatalk 2

I hated the fact I could only load to 1.140, especially for Major. So a good friend of mine let me barrow his throating reamer, now in both my KKM barrels (Open G17 & G34) I can run 1.160 all day & the mags will run it!

I hated the fact I could only load to 1.140, especially for Major. So a good friend of mine let me barrow his throating reamer, now in both my KKM barrels (Open G17 & G34) I can run 1.160 all day & the mags will run it!

Which bullet are you using (profile)? I had some problems getting some to run at 1.160. They didn't want to feed in the big sticks when I put more than about 10 in the mags.

Which bullet are you using (profile)? I had some problems getting some to run at 1.160. They didn't want to feed in the big sticks when I put more than about 10 in the mags.

MG 124grn JHP's, I haven't any issues as of yet running them that long, even with the big stick.

Im still having FTE issues. Running Carver extended ejector, with Non Loaded chamber extractor.

using .40 white bearing and extra power extractor rod spring.

Gun has SJC Cmore mount, so rounds are getting stuck side ways in slide.

Slide is Lone wolf with lowered eject port. tried 11 # to 14 # springs.

Any suggestions ?

May be an issue with the loads you're using. Whats your current recipe? My guess is, not enough oomph

I took the SJC Cmore scope mount off and put SJC micro dot mount on - problems went away.

With either loads - guns ran 100%

I done all the ejection tricks that I have read for Cmore mounts.

heavy spring on extractor

white bearing

Carver extended ejector

NLC extractor

any other tricks ? have not shimed the back plate yet.

Im still having FTE issues. Running Carver extended ejector, with Non Loaded chamber extractor.

Any suggestions ?

May be an issue with the loads you're using. Whats your current recipe? My guess is, not enough oomph

I took the SJC Cmore scope mount off and put SJC micro dot mount on - problems went away.

white bearing

Carver extended ejector

NLC extractor

Put all that aside....if you wanna run the full size Cmore just do the 90 degree SJC mount. In my opinion it is really the best option. My gun runs 100% with minor or major

Edited by shooter995

love the 90 sjc mount.

having a bit of troube running minor loads but it has nothing to do with my mount. hope some higher pf loads will fix it up.

Any suggestions ?

white bearing

Carver extended ejector

NLC extractor

Put all that aside....if you wanna run the full size Cmore just do the 90 degree SJC mount. In my opinion it is really the best option. My gun runs 100% with minor or major

Shot a local USPSA match today in southern Ohio, I tried running a 17lb spring with major ammo.....no problems at all! Gun it self ran great, I did how ever have 1 big stick mag issue on the 1st stage. I will remedy that this week!

Just an update in case it helps anyone.

I am running the horizontal c-more with stock (not lowered) ejection port. I did some load testing today with 124gr and Silhouette powder.

* 15 pound spring and Carver Major comp, then SJC 11 port comp.

7.0gr, 7.2gr, 7.4gr, 7.5gr, 7.6gr All ran perfect with no issues at all.

7.5gr loads crono'd at ~1400fps (174pf). Sorry I didn't crono ther other loads. Chrono showed up and I only had a mag of one load left over to test.

Take home message is the SJC horizontal mount worked great for me. puts the dot close to the slide and didn't obstruct ejection of brass, even with stock ejection port.

Any suggestions ?

white bearing

Carver extended ejector

NLC extractor

good advise, I will try it asap. Its cheaper in teh long run than toying w/ the micros

• 3 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Well here it is... Thanks to Noximus03.

Specs:

Gen4 Glock 17

Kkm barrel

Carver 3 port comp

Carver Cmore mount

8MOA Cmore

Thumb rest

SJC magwell

Glockworx ultimate trigger kit

Glockworx extended mag release

Beaver tail

Lone wolf extended take down

(not pictured Carver slide racker)

10lb Wolff recoil spring

Glockworx tungsten un captured GR

Glockworx guide rod reducer

Arredondo base pads +5

And I think that's about it

tadygy2e.jpg

a9ymasyh.jpg

qe2e9upa.jpg

Future plans are to undercut the trigger guard and have it stippled w/removal of finger grooves.

Sent from my EVO