Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

OPEN GLOCKS

fuentesd99

• Replies 653
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

3n38 works quite well.. As always work with a chrono.. Ive been using 7.5 grains to make a reliable stout minor load. About 150pf. 8.2 will probably get you right about 168..

Would that be a compressed load? Sounds very tight...

I use 3N38 in .38 Supercomp and it is decently topped up.

Anyone shooting 9mm major using Silhouette? What's your load?

Can 3N38 work in such a short load? I'll be using 124gr bullets...

When I tried Silo, I had worked up a few loads to test. Todd K came out with his Chrono and I had a handfull left with 7.6 or 7.7 gr. they averaged >1400fps (174 pf) and todd tried them. He said it was pretty soft and like the appearance of the brass.

If I could find Autocomp I would certainly try that but as you know HS-6 is readily available here.

• 2 weeks later...

I guess I'm a real oddball, I use three wraps of teflon tape. It's held tight for over 400 rounds. Last time I cleaned the gun, I spun it off & just wiped the old tape away on the barrel threads & the inside of the comp.

This is really interesting. So it's worked well for you then? Just wrap it on, screw on the comp, and good to go?

I guess I'm a real oddball, I use three wraps of teflon tape. It's held tight for over 400 rounds. Last time I cleaned the gun, I spun it off & just wiped the old tape away on the barrel threads & the inside of the comp.

This is really interesting. So it's worked well for you then? Just wrap it on, screw on the comp, and good to go?

Yup, thread the comp on, starts getting tight about halfway, pretty tight by the time it gets to index up with the slide. You can take it off by hand & re apply as you go. I carry a roll in the my shooting bag just in case. So far, so good.

Yup, thread the comp on, starts getting tight about halfway, pretty tight by the time it gets to index up with the slide. You can take it off by hand & re apply as you go. I carry a roll in the my shooting bag just in case. So far, so good.

Tried it with great success....very cool, thanks for the tipcheers.gif

• 2 weeks later...

How long does it last before it turns loose? any round count? I dont want to be re-doing it every few hundred rounds. A few thousands maybe, its gtg for me

I'm also planning on building myself an open glock using a g17/22 gen4 on my return to the philippines next summer. Can anyone tell me if all of the carver parts are available there? I'ved red in the internet that glockworx will soon be opening its doors in the PI but can't seem to find dealers of carver mounts, and drop-in threaded glock barrels and comps. Your help and info would be much appreciated.

I'm also planning on building myself an open glock using a g17/22 gen4 on my return to the philippines next summer. Can anyone tell me if all of the carver parts are available there? I'ved red in the internet that glockworx will soon be opening its doors in the PI but can't seem to find dealers of carver mounts, and drop-in threaded glock barrels and comps. Your help and info would be much appreciated.

No Carver mounts, Glock threaded barrels, comps

How long does it last before it turns loose? any round count? I dont want to be re-doing it every few hundred rounds. A few thousands maybe, its gtg for me

I've put 250 threw mine so far without any loosening. Obviously that's not much, but I've seen no degradation at all.

The newest toy:

Glock 17 Gen3 sporting:

Carver 4-Port Comp, Carver SS Guiderod, Carver Micro-Dot Mount, ISMS 11lbs Recoil Spring, LW 9mm Barrel, Tac Supply Depot Slide Racker, JP Enterprises JPoint 4 MOA, Dawson ICE Super Heavy Magwell, TFL Magazine Extension, HSP Trigger with 4.0# FPS, and ZEV Striker cheers.gif

dscn1973bt.jpg

dscn1972v.jpg

dscn1971k.jpg

dscn1974q.jpg

dscn1975e.jpg

I normally use a 140mm mag to prop my gun up unless it clearly states I can't do that in the stage description. Most often, the fact that my comp is squared allows me to just stand the gun upright on the table (see my latest video for a prime example).

• 1 month later...

I normally use a 140mm mag to prop my gun up unless it clearly states I can't do that in the stage description.

I would not allow that, under the rules. You can't add props to a stage. (probably a discussion for the rules forum, not here...and there are past threads on it)