Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

OPEN GLOCKS

fuentesd99

• Replies 653
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Well I started this thread in Apr and we had some real good pics of open Glocks and a lot of good advise. I have been working on building my open Glock and it is done, built on a G22. I will post a pic as soon as I can.

• 5 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

I like the 90 deg mount best. Sight sits closer to the slide. Mounting the mount to the frame isnt to bad once you get over drilling a hole in your gun. The instructions tell you to use a dremal and mill it out. The bushings you mount in the frame are shaped like a tombstone. I didnt trust my dremal skills so what i ended up doing was drilling a hole the same size as the as the barrel part of the bushing, heating it up and dropping it in the hole. Worked great. Once it cooled i just trimmed the plastic to clean it up around the bushing where it melted. Hope this makes sense.

Slide mount or frame mount and y fellas? If frame mount horizontal or 90° mount? Best comp for minor?

The frame mount is very easy to install. However, it is required to mill down the ejection port to give the spent casings room to be ejected. I also installed a 40 cal ejector, so the spent casings would eject out the side rather than up. (9mm gun) Installing the 90 degree sight mount would have the benefit in that no slide work would be needed, and the sight would be lower. The down side to the 90 degree sight mount would be having to drill a hole in the frame.

I have not lowered the ejection port on my 9. I am using the 90 degree mount and i believe that was on of the selling points of the mount? Dskinsler83, if you would like i can try and get you some pics to show you what i am talking about tonight when i get home.

Slide mount or frame mount and y fellas? If frame mount horizontal or 90° mount? Best comp for minor?

The frame mount is very easy to install. However, it is required to mill down the ejection port to give the spent casings room to be ejected. I also installed a 40 cal ejector, so the spent casings would eject out the side rather than up. (9mm gun) Installing the 90 degree sight mount would have the benefit in that no slide work would be needed, and the sight would be lower. The down side to the 90 degree sight mount would be having to drill a hole in the frame.

I thought all the frame mounts needed to be drilled into frame? Correct me here or enlighten me lol