Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

OPEN GLOCKS

fuentesd99

• Replies 653
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Nice bunch of open Glocks!

For those of you running comps on G34's, and shooting minor, what recoil spring are you using? I have a 11lb one on my open G34, that only runs about 80% with factory ammo...

Edited by muncie21

Nice bunch of open Glocks!

For those of you running comps on G34's, and shooting minor, what recoil spring are you using? I have a 11lb one on my open G34, that only runs about 80% with factory ammo...

I tried my two ISMI 11 lb. springs & found them to be heavier than specified. I used a Shimpo spring force gauge to test them both & they both came in at 15 lbs. when compressed. I have no idea how they rate this spring other than it having less coils than their other springs. For a baseline I tried multiple Wolff springs (Glock & 1911) & those came out at their rating. Unfortunately, the Wolff seem to bind easily probably due to them being like a 1911 spring necked down on one end to fit a smaller diameter guide rod.

I have a spring from a friend for a CZ Czechmate that should have been how Wolff should have made their Glock springs. It fits right over the guide rod, doesn't bind, & is really smooth being a round wire spring. The problem with it is that at full compression, it is too long for a Glock slide to reach the frame in full recoil. I want to trim this spring but since it's not mine, I'll have to wait till the one I ordered comes in to experiment.

My Carver making me look a lot better than I really am. Sorry about the last sequence being a tad bit shaky.

You're shooting 9 major?

Yep

Whats the load youre using??

I have tinkered with 8.2gr of HS-6, 6.9 or WAC, 8.2 of 3n38, and going to try 3N37.. All behind a 124gr Xtreme Double plated and struck hollow point.

One more for the masses. When I got started running faster, my grip started to let me down and the gun bounced a little bit. Still solid, but this Indian can make his bow run better.

Looking good out there Joe! Open Glocks for life!

One more for the masses. When I got started running faster, my grip started to let me down and the gun bounced a little bit. Still solid, but this Indian can make his bow run better.

Looking good out there Joe! Open Glocks for life!

:cheers:

One question for all you comped Glock shooters, what are you using to secure your comps to your barrels? Loctite or some other compound?

Edited by Glockman1000