Post a Pic of your CZ's

OpenDot

• Replies 959
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

(Quote)

How did you get the original finish off the gun?​

It did not easily come off. I used an Aviation paint/epoxy stripper over a period of about a week. I would put a fresh coat of stripper on twice a day and then let it soak in Acetone overnight. Using a steel brush the finish finally started to give up on the 3rd day. It took the rest of the week to get it all off. Once you get the Poly-Coat off you then have to deal with the gray metal underneath that absolutely will not blue. I block sanded the whole gun starting with 380 and worked my way through 2000 before finally polishing it on a buffing wheel. You have to get past the gray metal before dropping it into a bluing tank. This gun could use a lot of draw filing to get it perfect but I am just going to wear the finish off of it anyway so I did not bother with the details just knocked down the most obvious nicks and scratches before bluing. I have an 85 combat trigger coming for it and the CGW's RRK kit to install. The 85C trigger does not have the extra set screw in it that would boot it from Production. I said finished but there is still a few more things to do on the inside.

My two SP01 Shadows. The left is one is a worked-over SP01 I just bought from Automatic Accuracy. I really wanted a Duo Tone but they are kinda hard to find right now, so Mink suggested cerakote to cut the wait time. This is my new Production gun.

The right is a bone stock SP01 Shadow that is now my backup Production gun.

2e0pzir.jpg

Edited by Danny3nose

Did you get the Shadow to make weight?

hasn't been weighed yet ;) It's my wife's

Ya think I could get in trouble for saying my wife's gun might be overweight????

I'm still hoping the weight limit goes away

Edited by zhunter

Hennig, nice looking gun.

Thanks fellas,

I missed out on one of the 3 TS oranges that came to Aus, so I thought I'd try to make my own red version; without the frame mods.

An orange in .357sig (which is what we get over here) is still on the list though.

Yeah at first I thought you had started with a TS Orange, because it has basically all the Orange parts, just different colors.

I have a TS Orange 9mm on order here in Canada, but no idea when or if it will ever arrive. Basically a standing order with a dealer to call me if he gets his hands on one.

Edited by adamge

Thanks fellas,

I missed out on one of the 3 TS oranges that came to Aus, so I thought I'd try to make my own red version; without the frame mods.

An orange in .357sig (which is what we get over here) is still on the list though.

I happen to know some are at customs. Also you guys just got a batch of my holsters.

Thanks fellas,

I happen to know some are at customs. Also you guys just got a batch of my holsters.

Great, just when my bank account is looking barren after setting up this TS haha. 8 week old babys dont do much for the old gun fund either!

• 2 weeks later...

1st born: SP01 Accushadow. I've been entertaining the thought of switching platforms from Glock to CZ for a few years now, actually almost right after I purchased my 1st Glocks for IDPA and USPSA. Even brought several friends into the sport and recommending CZ with the 'if had had to do it all over again' speech who started with competition with CZ. I was fairly surprised how the transition from the striker fire Glock to the CZ's DA/SA trigger wasn't as much of an issue as I thought it might be. The truly funny and ironic perception was that only after 350 rounds through my Shadow, zto gain some perspective, I shot 1 mag through my Glock G34 with a relatively smooth 3.1 lb. trigger pull that the Glock felt sooo foreign and sooo inadequate! The first time I touched the Glock trigger with a quick draw, I actually thought something was wrong, stopped and verifying the gun was in working order. Of course, what immediately followed was an uncontrolled belly laugh. 1 mag was all I could manage with my trusted friend. Time to put him out to pasture. This alleviated any doubts that the CZ was the right and only choice for me...CONFIRMED

edit: cant post pic but i'm sure you guys have seen this piece of art before

Edited by gravityBad

C416E9B6-C258-4B7E-A2FB-110901556135.jpg

Grip reduction and undercut beaver tail and trigger guard, cut frame a little and slide lightened. Added flat trigger, adjustable rear and fiber front. Thumb rest and czc wide LHS.

Edited by magpulled