Post a Pic of your CZ's

OpenDot

Top left: my ACCU Shadow VZ grips

Top Right: my Production Optics Shadow blaster (built on spare slide)VZ grips

Middle Right: original slide for backup Shadow

Middle Left: her Production Optics Shadow with Scales grips

Bottom Left: her P-09

Bottom Right: my P-09

What are your thoughts about the P-09, compared to the Shadow, f.e..

• Replies 959
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top left: my ACCU Shadow VZ grips

Top Right: my Production Optics Shadow blaster (built on spare slide)VZ grips

Middle Right: original slide for backup Shadow

Middle Left: her Production Optics Shadow with Scales grips

Bottom Left: her P-09

Bottom Right: my P-09

What are your thoughts about the P-09, compared to the Shadow, f.e..

Trigger is very close to the same after some loving care, aka trigger job. It's super accurate and light like all polymer guns. I think the DA/SA is far superior to striker fired guns. If I was on limited funds and wanted to get into USPSA the P-09 would easily be my first choice. Only downside is the mags at this time are a bit expensive. With CGW parts it's super easy to upgrade.

I say go for it

Bought another surplus CZ75 Pre-B:

86vBWIp.png

Where do you find these? I would love to run into a pair or 8 of them. :ph34r:

Move to Michigan then! The Michigan Gander Mountain's bought 300 Israeli surplus pistols from a distributor in KY, and then spread them around to the local stores. They have had a bunch of pre B's, Hi Powers, HP clones, SIG P226, CZ83, and a few other CZ's. I've seen two 85's and a Compact D with rail (that I bought!). Of the 300 I ended up buying 3 of them: Pre B above, Compact D w/rail, and a FN Hi Power.

Bought another surplus CZ75 Pre-B:

86vBWIp.png

Where do you find these? I would love to run into a pair or 8 of them. :ph34r:

Move to Michigan then! The Michigan Gander Mountain's bought 300 Israeli surplus pistols from a distributor in KY, and then spread them around to the local stores. They have had a bunch of pre B's, Hi Powers, HP clones, SIG P226, CZ83, and a few other CZ's. I've seen two 85's and a Compact D with rail (that I bought!). Of the 300 I ended up buying 3 of them: Pre B above, Compact D w/rail, and a FN Hi Power.

Are they price gouging? I've seen some high prices at Gander...

Edited by racingjoe27

Are they price gouging? I've seen some high prices at Gander...

Gander Mountain is the home of $700 Glocks. But, Actually I was very surprised that the prices were reasonable. Most of the pre B's were $300-350, but many did not come with a magazine. I was told about how they got them from a store an hour away from my home. I was in the area and heard on another forum about them. That store was the one that did the deal so I think they cherry picked some of the nicer ones. All the CZ's they had were $400 plus tax, but all much nicer and all had magazines. They had one 75B, pre B 85, 85B, and the Compact D with rail I bought. The real FN Hi Power I bought was $350. The pre B pictured above was $300+tax but didn't have a magazine. The CZ83's were $220-250. I thought a number of the real Hi Powers and clones were priced a bit high considering condition, but overall not to bad IMHO. Edited by bigmatt

• 1 month later...

Carry Optics readyimage.jpg1_14.jpg

O man, I was seriously thinking about getting a blue label G34 for CO. Now you've got me re-thinking!

How do you like the doctor? I was thinking STS2 or leupold.

I/we love our Doctor Sights. Bright dot, always on so no dials to mess with and 5 yearish battery life. Super German glass

I asked Stuart at CZ Custom to modify a stock SP-01 into a Waffen Oschatz clone.

Here's the finished product:

CZC%2BHC_SDW0478aa.jpg

I highly recommend CZ Custom. This is the second firearm I've had them modify and I haven't been disappointed yet.

Matt.

Your build came out great. While most everything we do is a team effort with the team of gunsmiths and machinists at CZ Custom, Jeff Leatham is the gunsmith that did the final build and fit of your pistol one it came back from being refinished.

I am really pleased how it came out. from the finish to the how it shoots. really cool gun.

I asked Stuart at CZ Custom to modify a stock SP-01 into a Waffen Oschatz clone.

Here's the finished product:

CZC%2BHC_SDW0478aa.jpg

I highly recommend CZ Custom. This is the second firearm I've had them modify and I haven't been disappointed yet.

I have to bump this one just because it's so sexy. What kind of coating? Hard Chrome? NP3?