Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

Sons of Guns

gohuskers

• Replies 157
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

As soon as they were done with Jerry, I turned it off. The looks on their faces when we was shooting his 3gun practice couse was great tho.

I missed this..will look for the rerun of it..what else was supposed to be in the show?

This show is embarrassing. First we have a 1000 yd 7.62x39 (if they changed caliber they forgot to mention it) I guess a 1000 yd 30-30 is next. Then we have Arisaka ammo " thats really hard to find'. Guess they never heard of Graf & sons. Then i find out my RCBS bullet puller is "really dangerous" Then they download ammo for the Jap rifle. If you're a competent gunsmith, you should be able to determine if the rifle is safe to fire with standard ammo or not. There may be more but I shut it off at that point.

Yep , that episode did it for me. Arisaka's were pretty stout bolt guns , no need to down load. But the part I thought they screwed up on was when he told the guy that it did not have a safety and to just pull the trigger. The big huge stippled button on the back of the bolt pushes in and rotates to make mine safe.

I have to think that this show is dumbed down and hyped up for the general public who doesn't understand firearms. That cheap piece of chit russian rifle Jerry Miculek "supposedly" bought years ago and wanted tweaked... yeah right. Just an excuse for him to appear on the show. Last year Buzz mcGee or is it Spike McGee I forget, wanted the Katana, a lightened AR... and did malfunction drills to prove how good of a weapon it was? Malfunction drills?! c'mon.

I watch ever week, but it is definetly not on my top 10 or list of shows.

LOL yeah I laughed at the bullet puller too. I'm not into reloading yet but was thinking WTF are they talking about?!

The first season "contractors", swat even military and so forth would come in with impossible orders and at the end of the show always made a purchase. Alot of this show is staged.

Edited by Hamma Slamma

While some of the stuff on the show is fun to watch most of the "gun work" makes me sit in shock.

Should be called "dudes with dremels"

Should be called "Dudes with Dremels, Tattoos and crack pipe gunsmithing."

Or "Red Dumbshit Guns" "We Blow Shit Up" "Girl With the Annoying Voice"

"Owner Who Knows Nothing" "I Learned How to Build Guns On the Internet"

Seriously the AK thing was dumb, they converted the gun to shoot .308 and it even shows black hills .308 ammo on there web site with the gun.

Plus the owner must have never heard of the Barret that will cover twice what he said the AK would do.

I am sorry but it may be for TV but they have some serious issues. And the whole thing like the japanese ammo was hard to find or something, come on already.

While some of the stuff on the show is fun to watch most of the "gun work" makes me sit in shock.

Should be called "dudes with dremels"

Seriously the AK thing was dumb, they converted the gun to shoot .308 and it even shows black hills .308 ammo on there web site with the gun.

Plus the owner must have never heard of the Barret that will cover twice what he said the AK would do.

I am sorry but it may be for TV but they have some serious issues. And the whole thing like the japanese ammo was hard to find or something, come on already.

They started with a siaga .308. So it was chambered in .308 to begin with. They just turned down a really expensive blank using calipers and a lathe and reemed the chamber by eye... Why use proper tools when you can eye f*#k it? You can get the best barrel in the world, it wont do much if you put it on a super flexy receiver.

I generally watch it for the guests, such as Jerry and Tony R.

I'm very uncomfortable with the direction this thread has taken.

I'm not a fan of the show, but we have standards for behavior here, whether the target of that discussion is a regular on this forum or not.

They are after all part of this miniscule community of gun-lovers to which each of us is a voluntary and enthusiastic member. We don't always have to agree, but we need to remain civil.

Taken directly from the Forum Guidelines:

Posting Guidelines

Attitude

Please be polite. Or if not polite, at least respectful.

No bickering. Regardless of the subject matter.

Antagonistic, offensive, or quarrelsome tones are not acceptable.

I'm sorry for singling out this post, but it's recent and a perfect example of how not to post...

Any additional post that approaches this level of rudeness will be removed without notice, and may result in further action.

Thanks for your time, and let's remember to play nice, or play elsewhere.

I'm very uncomfortable with the direction this thread has taken.

I'm not a fan of the show, but we have standards for behavior here, whether the target of that discussion is a regular on this forum or not.

They are after all part of this miniscule community of gun-lovers to which each of us is a voluntary and enthusiastic member. We don't always have to agree, but we need to remain civil.

Taken directly from the Forum Guidelines:

Posting Guidelines

Attitude

Please be polite. Or if not polite, at least respectful.

No bickering. Regardless of the subject matter.

Antagonistic, offensive, or quarrelsome tones are not acceptable.

I'm sorry for singling out this post, but it's recent and a perfect example of how not to post...

Any additional post that approaches this level of rudeness will be removed without notice, and may result in further action.

Thanks for your time, and let's remember to play nice, or play elsewhere.

You are right my full apologies. I shouldn’t have taken it so far and with what I posted I shouldn’t have posted at all. Glad you were able to use it as a reference on how not to post :)

• 2 weeks later...

I have been watching a bit. I hope he has another shop behind the scenes some where. If I ran mine like he ran his I'd be out of business. Very unproductive. And yes, I know it's just a show. Build and show something realistic every once in a while.