Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

The Girl With The Dragon Tattoo

• Replies 113
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

she cleans up well....either in the original Swedish version or in one of the

Swedish sequels....she does look like a normal person (who hasn't faceplanted into one of my Grandpa's old tackle boxes) for about all of five minutes.

Just got back from this one.

Definitely don't take your kids. Very graphic sexual scenes.

The girl is weird, but totally hot.

Dark, but interesting.

The story is good, but there seems to be much much more and you leave with zero clue to what that might be.

Good movie. Good story. Looking forward to the rest of it...

Saw it with my 21yr old son yesterday. Very good. Lady behind us in the theater said it followed the book very well, though she said you miss out on a lot (naturally) with the movie. May prompt me to read the book.

Rooney Mara (the girl) is fantastic. Dramatic how different she looks towards the end when she dresses up (and really see the resemblance with here older sister - Kate Mara - from Shooter).

Great flick, but I felt that if you had not read the books you'd be lost in points. A few changes here and there from the novel, but I felt that the choices either streamlined the plot, or

saved the expense from going to Australia.

I am VERY grateful that I didn't take a parent to see this one :unsure:

• 3 weeks later...

I'm gonna be a dissenter here in that I thought the original Swedish version of the first movie was in need of a remake. While the original Lisbeth was amazing, I felt like the actor playing Blomkvist completely lacked charisma. Daniel Craig certainly will not have that problem. I read the books after I watched the first movie, then I felt that way even more. I do agree though, that the next 2 movies were terrible.

Definitely will be seeing this very soon.

Also, did anytime else who read the books think that Swedish food sounds awful?

Edited by Revopop

• 2 months later...

Based on the thread I went with the Mrs to see this yesterday. Very good movie. +1 on you don't want to take your kids.

Kind of wonder why they released it on Xmas. Think it cost them

Because summer is for mediocre pg-13 tentpoles.

I enjoyed the second book the most, the third book larson went back to his terrible habits of the first books. Spending way to much time introducing and describing irrelevant characters that had nothing to do with anything. Way too much coffee drinking, way to much boring meetings, The whole berger character and could have been cut from book 2 and 3 and changed nothing. I had hi hopes for book 3 after book two was a huge improvement over 1. Still had some coffee but at least Larson didnt spend 2 to three pages describing making it.

I did find it ironic that I was right The dude really was obsessed with coffee, evidently Larson basically coffee drank himself to death.

We just watched it last night - Candis and I really liked the US remake version. A bit long (2 hrs 38 min) maybe - but it never got boring. (We haven't yet watched the original.)

be

+1

P.S.

the blu-ray version looks very cool too.

I enjoyed the second book the most, the third book larson went back to his terrible habits of the first books. Spending way to much time introducing and describing irrelevant characters that had nothing to do with anything. Way too much coffee drinking, way to much boring meetings, The whole berger character and could have been cut from book 2 and 3 and changed nothing. I had hi hopes for book 3 after book two was a huge improvement over 1. Still had some coffee but at least Larson didnt spend 2 to three pages describing making it.

I did find it ironic that I was right The dude really was obsessed with coffee, evidently Larson basically coffee drank himself to death.

Wow. I watched the 2nd movie on Netflix last night. I had the same thought...that he didn't spend any time building the ancillary characters. I liked that focus (but wonder if that is why others didn't care for the second movie as much).

I thought the director got the balance right in the first movie. After watching it, I listened to the book on tape and know exactly what Joe4d is referring to. In the book he gets a little monotonous with some of the details.

First film is the best IMHO. I think that one beats the American remake hands down. Raw and gritty. The second and third films just didn't cut it. It was like they knew they had some succes and then tried to make the next two Hollywoodish. Very disappointed in those two sequels.

Hopefully, Hollywood churns out the next two better.