Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

How many USPSA matches/month within 30 miles of you?

So I can shoot 5 USPSA handgun matches per month by travelling no more than 30 miles from my home (I could do more with multi-gun, but let's leave that out). I am in the San Francisco Bay Area. Not bad for being behind the Iron Curtain.

I am wondering......where are you and how many USPSA handgun matches can you shoot per month? Note--please abide by the 30 mile limit.

I ask because I wonder how things are around the country and if there is a "Mecca" of USPSA shooting. If so....I might even consider moving there in retirement! I also saw a thread from a guy moving to Cheyenne, Wyoming and was absolutely stunned to see that the closest USPSA club is 2 hours away. I would have never guess that.

Edited by Nemesis Lead

• Replies 66
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

None ..... I have to drive 1.5 hours and 2 hours for the only 2 clubs close enough. I'm in central Ohio and the nearest range with organized shooting worth attending is 1 hour and 10 minutes from home.

1 or 2 within 30 miles but about 4 or 5 within an hour.

Between USPSA, IDPA, and Steel Challenge I can shoot every weekend both days and maybe 2-3 days during the week. All with in an hour maybe a little more.

Two, kind of. We have an outdoor monthly match nearby.

We also have a weekly indoor stage where we usually average around 40 to 50 shooters with 80 to 110 total runs.

Central Illinois.

The others I try to attend are 70 to 110 miles away.

Edited by furyalecto

There are two within 1 hour, one about 1hr,15min and one about 2 hours.

We set up a stage in an armory once a week and shoot, you would be suprised how

hard we can make a stage. We change it around at least 2 to 4 times in one night.

This is only about 2 miles form me. We may have anywhere from 5 to 12 shooters a night.

I'm in the same boat, same west Texas town with JordanO. Our "home" range is 45 miles away, then it gets to be a ways for the rest! Pretty much figure on driving 2hrs plus EACH way. I try to make two a month but it doesn't always happen.

MLM

1. Custer Sportsmens Club/ 10 minutes

2. Marrysville Rifle and Pistol/ 1 Hour

3. North Whidbey IDPA/ 1 Hour 10 minutes

4. Paul Bunyan Rifle and Pistol/ 2 hours 30 minutes

5. Kitsap Rifle and Revolver/ 3 hours

6. Shelton / 3 hours 20 minutes

7. Yakima / 4 hours 10 minutes

I will drive 3 hours to a local match most of the time. Yeah 6 hours of driving in a day is kind of alot but its not like i would probably just be lazing around eating protien powder out of the bag and doing dumb stuff anyways.

Edited by Field

30 Miles barely gets you out of town. So in Charlotte you have no sanctioned USPSA matches, but you do have IDPA, NRA Action Pistol, and "Combat Pistol" matches. But I have 4 matches within an hour drive and 2 more within an hour and a half. Then at least an additional four within a 3 hour drive.

Edited by JFlowers

None, I actually have to leave the state to shoot USPSA. There are no USPSA clubs in CT. Closest one is an hour away in NY, 2 more about an hour and a half and a couple 2 hours in MA and NJ. There is some IDPA in CT but also an hour away. I don't see home that much on weekends.