Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

Cancer

• Replies 53
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Hang in there. Just went through this with the wife. She just finished radiation and reconstructive surgery a couple of months ago.

The best thing to do would be to get in touch with friends/acquaintances that have gone through this. There will be many important decisions to be made and getting first hand experiences and input is very important. Let me know if we can help.

My wife's family has had this every generation. Grandma, mother. My wife is very vigilant in checking. I may one day be asking you for advice. I pray not.

We will pray for the two of you. As stated before, hang in there man.

i hate life now.

Try not to hate man. It takes up too much energy which you are going to need. My family will say a prayer for your wife as well as you. Stay strong and we are all here if you need us.

Prayers to you and your wife.

My wife is a breast cancer survivor and has been cancer free for 3+ years now. Get in touch with some local support groups, her Dr. should be able to provide some poc's.

These groups helped my wife and I tremendously!

Jayson

Seriously, like others have said, don't be a hater. Be a positive, supporting, loving role in her life. She is going to need you now more than ever. Maybe just to be there for her to talk to. And you may not have all the answers, but tell her that together you will figure them out, one by one. And together you will both beat this.

My family and I will be praying for you and your wife, keep a possitive attitude. My sister inlaw just beat breat cancer, she just started getting here hair back. It is definately life altering, but life isn't over til it's over. God bless you and your loved ones in the tough days ahead. Please keep us posted.

I know what you are going thru. I did the same thing 10 years ago. My wife had bilateral mastectomys, went thru chemo and radiation the following year. Everything turn out well and she has been okay since. The best advise that I had recieved at the time from one of her doctor collegues was in three parts: support and understanding, support and understanding, and support and understanding. Mood swings very, attitudes very. Just try to understand what she's going thru and support it. You Have To Help Her survive....Two weeks ago I was told that I have non Hodgkin's lymphoma and I'm starting chemo next Tuesday. Guess who got the lecture on "suport and understanding.......

Call or email me if I can help you support your wife.

Keith

Butch, Breast CA is treatable. My mom was diagnosed with lump and thank goodness

it was benign and got it out last year. It runs in my mom's side. All her cousins and aunt

in the past had them. Prayers and support is in your way. Like others have said in this thread, Be strong, pray and give support as much as you can. Tell her be strong in her mind even when her body gets weak during treatments. Strong mind and spirit goes a long way!

My wife is a stage 3c survivor and if you can believe one piece of advice that everyone is giving you believe this: The hardest part comes after the last chemo and radiation treatment. When everyone thinks she's in remission is when you find out how much your lives have changed and that the real fear (cancer returning, side effects of treatment) has just set in. Go into after cancer realizing that and you will save yourself a lot of pain.