Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

Cancer

Want to thank the fellow BE family-many of you I know and have shot with over the past 26 years-and many of you I will never meet. Yet the outpouring of concern is impressive. To my local friends, it'll be awhile till I see you at the range. To my buds I see at major matches, I'll miss vegas and the MG this year. Look forward to seeing you all at some point after we've kicked the shiyat outta this.

Till then, thanx for the encouragement. I've shared your posts with my wife and She's encouraged. Thanx so much for the support. My safe will remain closed for some time. I'll see you all at the range when it's over.

Edited by outerlimits

• Replies 53
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

wife was just informed she has breast cancer. i hate life now.

My sister celebrated her 15th year of being a breast cancer survivor a couple of years ago. I know it looks pretty dark right now, but they've come light years in being able to treat breast cancer.

As a couple of other people have pointed out there are some great support groups and centers around the country. We have the Wings Cancer Foundation to provide patient support in Memphis, and there may be a similar group in your city. Stay strong and stay positive.

My wife and I are praying for both of you. May God's mercy and grace surround you

and may he hold you both in his hands during this time. God's word says that if two

or more agree then it shall be done. From the looks of just these posts, she is healed,

just believe and be strong.

• 3 weeks later...

my wife has surgery tomorrow-the doctors are telling us it's very small, but aggressive. they believe she has an excellent chance of recovery. she will have to go through chemo and radiation treatments. we have cancelled our plans to move until the treatments conclude next year. thanx for all your support thus far.

• 4 months later...

Wife having her final chemo today. It has been friggin' awful to watch-don't wish that on anyone. She'll get a month off to get all that poison out of her system, then on to radiation...which will be a walk in the park by comparison.

Assuming all goes as planned, and since dan furbee cashed my check, i'll see some of you at superstition in march. My wife wants to tag along, sans hair, and say thanx to those of you we cross paths with.

Thanks again to all of you great folks...the words of encouragement we're worth their weight in gold.

• 4 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...

Wife now 2/3 the way thru radiation. She's got more hair on her head than me. She's eating like normal, taking her hikes and generally in great spirits. Life is better now. Last radiation on the 22nd, then off to Superstition. Take in a giants game and shoot 3 gun at Mesa. Been a long, nasty road, but we're there.