Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

History Channel $100,000 Top Shot Competition

Well Ben, obviously they only chose the best, brightest, and most shiningest (I don't think that's a word) stars in the shooting community to lead the Fearless 16 down the path of glory.

• Replies 377
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Well Ben, obviously they only chose the best, brightest, and most shiningest (I don't think that's a word) stars in the shooting community to lead the Fearless 16 down the path of glory.

Hahahha. I wasn't a choice, I was a lack of options. Now CRAIG... he is THE man.

i was hoping it wouldn't be but it appears it may be swinging that way. the first challenge was a bit odd as well as not everyone got a chance to screw up. we'll see if its a continuing trend...

first episode in the books. Overall, I liked it. it does appear to be a little "survivor-ish" but its bound to be. it is after all an elimination show. Kinda surprised at the outcome of challenge 1. we'll see where it goes from here. i def have plans every Sunday night for awhile now.

Edited by Corey

I felt like I was watching the Andy Griffith show where Opie goes to the state fair and the crooks keep switching rifles on him. So was the rifle bad or the ammo? 100 yards off a rest at what looked like a 10" plus target?

I'm just not buying it.

I was up at the USSA last weekend. I saw a new GT500 Mustang with the tag TOPSHOT parked in the reserved for Mike Seeklander spot up front. I'm not saying he won but that Cobra was a little black Nissan a few months ago!

Must have been a joke since he's off the show already in the first episode.

I thought the 1st episode was ok at best. I won't close the book on it yet though. I'll give more time. I thought it was very "Survivorish" also and that's not what I hoped for.

My other thought is I thank God that there is a show on a mainstream channel that features shooting in a good light.

I felt like I was watching the Andy Griffith show where Opie goes to the state fair and the crooks keep switching rifles on him. So was the rifle bad or the ammo? 100 yards off a rest at what looked like a 10" plus target?

I'm just not buying it.

I *personally* shot that exact rifle while I was out there. Can't say much in public I think.

My other thought is I thank God that there is a show on a mainstream channel that features shooting in a good light.

This point alone overcomes anything negative regarding the show being Survivor-ish, for me...

This point alone overcomes anything negative regarding the show being Survivor-ish, for me...

Yep. That is reason #1 why I'll try to continue to be a watcher and give it good ratings.

I agree with the positive spin.

Don't know what happened with Mike. It is what it is.

At the end of the day, you can "search" this forum on topics like sponsorship, money, exposure etc. etc.

Here's a show trying to get it done.

Like it, love it, hate it. At least respect that someone, somewhere, is trying to make something happen.

J

Must have been a joke since he's off the show already in the first episode.

Yea I was thinking the same thing.

It is starting off good. I will be watching the next one.

I'm just not buying it.

+1. Ammo, Rifle, or Spotter. Period. Everyone here knows Seeklander shoots like a robot, and should have been a favorite all the way through. You got robbed Mike.

Edited by Chris_Andersen

If anyone happens to know when they will re-air episode one please post it here. thx

ps- I'm disappointed none of you were watching the Flyers game!

Crap looks like it's on now and I missed the first half hour again!

Check the website. I think it re-airs on wednesday or something.

ETA: From the website:

The Long Shot: Tuesday, Jun 8, 10/9c

The Long Shot: Wednesday, Jun 9, 8/7c

Edited by gunnerBU

If anyone happens to know when they will re-air episode one please post it here. thx

Crap looks like it's on now and I missed the first half hour again!

Should be up on Hulu in not too long, for those whow want it free.

Overall I liked it. Spotter makes all the difference in the world, if you can get a good call, you can't hit crap... iron sights, can't see your shots, and who knows where it was/is zero'd

Just saw the whole episode. The Gremlins took over, either mechanical or mental. Take a look at the shot placement when voting..... One shot raised my eyebrow a bit. Either the mental game was already in play on a fully televised performance based event or something else was up. Keep in mind there is alot of stress in any big match and many are televised but how many truly put your rep on the line and film every aspect? That is alot of stress.

Just read Mike's blog. Reminded me of the times I had trouble sighting in my own rifles. Sucks but when it comes to competition I guess that is why we prefer or own gear. I hate mechanical issues and a loose sight along with an unfamiliar gun setup would give many of us fits.

Edited by sigfla

What's a Flyer?

:D

Hey everyone. Some interesting comments. First off, we should all be jumping up and down that a shooting show is on mainstream TV. My hat is off to the History Channel. As far as some of my thoughts, I posted some information on my site: http://www.shooting-performance.com/top_shot_show_98.html