Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

History Channel $100,000 Top Shot Competition

• Replies 377
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Only thing that might derail JJ or Blake are doing things that isn't shooting....like throwing knives/hatchets/spears, etc. There are also other shooters that make a living with a rifle at 1000 yards. They may or may not have level of skill. I'm just getting into long range shooting and although it's still shooting, its a different game.

But I'm pulling for them!

Edited by Filishooter

If this is like all the other reality shows, whoever wins will have nothing to do with who should win. It's TV, it's not real, it's a program. No guarantee it will really be about shooting, either. Ever watch Spetsnaz vs. Green Berets on Ultimate Warrior? That was so gimmicked is wasn't even funny like stupid wrestling. So, they can edit it to look any way they want. So bet on the least likely to win-I don't even know who the competitors are, if it is really a competition. It sounds more like a contest.

from the previews its gonna be an actual competition, looks to be two-person team based. and from what i can tell its looks legit. whoever can adapt to multiple weapons, old guns, bows, spears, etc will be the winner.

I was up at the USSA last weekend. I saw a new GT500 Mustang with the tag TOPSHOT parked in the reserved for Mike Seeklander spot up front. I'm not saying he won but that Cobra was a little black Nissan a few months ago!

:roflol:

I guess I'm just not cut out for TV. The shooting part of this looks cool, but I can't take all the "everybody else is shooting for second cause I'm gonna win." Same reason I can't stand to watch the pre-fight interviews in UFC. Makes everyone that doesn't win look kind of stupid. (present company excluded) I know the producers probably egg this on.

I'd just like to hear someone say "I'm going to try my hardest, and I'll win if no one shoots better than I do."

Maybe I'm too black and white.

But, I'll still watch the show. :)

Only thing that might derail JJ or Blake are doing things that isn't shooting....like throwing knives/hatchets/spears, etc. There are also other shooters that make a living with a rifle at 1000 yards. They may or may not have level of skill. I'm just getting into long range shooting and although it's still shooting, its a different game.

JJ is pretty damn good at just about anything he tries to do.

If this is like all the other reality shows, whoever wins will have nothing to do with who should win. It's TV, it's not real, it's a program. No guarantee it will really be about shooting, either. Ever watch Spetsnaz vs. Green Berets on Ultimate Warrior? That was so gimmicked is wasn't even funny like stupid wrestling. So, they can edit it to look any way they want. So bet on the least likely to win-I don't even know who the competitors are, if it is really a competition. It sounds more like a contest.

Spot on. My guess would be the same, as many of the others bowed out on their own.

Spot on. My guess would be the same, as many of the others bowed out on their own.

I hope it's good but I can't help remembering being all pumped up for survivor. When the Green Beret got booted off I knew it had nothing to do with surviving!

Jade and Tony, I can tell you guys for certain that you are absolutely incorrect about the nature of this show. It is not fake or gimmicked.

I was up at the USSA last weekend. I saw a new GT500 Mustang with the tag TOPSHOT parked in the reserved for Mike Seeklander spot up front. I'm not saying he won but that Cobra was a little black Nissan a few months ago!

At least it was one of our own if him getting a new GT500 means anything!

At least it was one of our own if him getting a new GT500 means anything!

With that license plate, sounds like a million dollar Mustang!

Jade and Tony, I can tell you guys for certain that you are absolutely incorrect about the nature of this show. It is not fake or gimmicked.

Ben's 100% correct - this show is absolutely legit in that it's ultimately decided by your skill with shooting whatever weapon is placed in your hands. The 16 of us chosen for Top Shot were picked because we represented more than just USPSA/IDPA guys, but an incredibly diverse set of skills from precision rifle shooters, LE trainers, mounted cowboy shooters, you name it. Did politics and personalities figure in to the competition? Of course they did, but ultimately this is a shooting contest, and the winner will truly be the Top Shot for defeating the assembled pool of gunslingers.

Tune in to the History Channel tonight at 10pm/9pm Central to see the premiere and you'll see exactly what I mean - this isn't "Deadliest Warrior" where everything is done for shock value - this is a legit test of our skills as marksmen and athletes.

Ben's 100% correct - this show is absolutely legit in that it's ultimately decided by your skill with shooting whatever weapon is placed in your hands. The 16 of us chosen for Top Shot were picked because we represented more than just USPSA/IDPA guys, but an incredibly diverse set of skills from precision rifle shooters, LE trainers, mounted cowboy shooters, you name it. Did politics and personalities figure in to the competition? Of course they did, but ultimately this is a shooting contest, and the winner will truly be the Top Shot for defeating the assembled pool of gunslingers.

Now just tell me how they picked the silly experts for this show! Hahaha