Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

History Channel $100,000 Top Shot Competition

• Replies 377
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Reading between the lines (OK, you really don't need to look that hard)

You need in order of importance.

#1 A BIG personality.

#2 Be in GOOD physical condition.

#3 Some level of proficiency with firearms.

TOP SHOT or Something else?

We already share the range with the best shooters in the world.

This TV show is going to crown the TOP.......................?

Coming this summer to HC TV

"16 gun nuts living in the same house for 4 weeks"

"How long before someone trips a hair trigger"

"Watch them shoot it out at home and on the range!"

Patrick

^^^So just to add some drama/excitement to it all, then, YEAH! there are going to be some women included as well.

I think just about the top women shooters I know about are married...so that could really throw a wrench into the works.

^^^So just to add some drama/excitement to it all, then, YEAH! there are going to be some women included as well.

I think just about the top women shooters I know about are married...so that could really throw a wrench into the works.

You got it.

"that's it you have hitting on ( ? ) long enough, duel at dawn!"

This is just what America wants.

Patrick

This is SOOOOOO exciting! Would love to see any "action shooter" make the cut. Think of the great things it would do to grow our shooting sports. If I didn't have a little one, I would so put my name in to try my luck. HOW FUN!

Best of luck to everyone who applies!

Julie

I threw my name in the hat but I'm only a "B" class shooter.

I'd get slammed by an "A" or better.

I don't think we're an accurate representation of the people they're looking for.

Edited by DyNo!

There must be a "twist" in there somewhere, while we all love shooting to show needs to have broader appeal. Maybe there is a catapult stage or spears at 200 paces. Good luck to those that make the cut and I know the rest of us will be watching.

^^^Agreed.

There is gotta be a catch in there somewhere.

Ya know that saying...if it is too good to be true...

I definitely wouldn't go into that deal with rose tinted glasses on, that's for sure. I would have my lawyer/"agent" look over any paperwork before signing my name to any "contract".

Methinks the show is going to more about how soap opera-ish it can get rather than any skill.

edited to add this: any BE'er that gets into this has to understand the he/she will also be representing USPSA/IDPA/Steel Challenge. I am sure nobody here wants to paint the practical pistol sports in a negative light or to bring any of those 3 organizations into disrepute.

Edited by Chills1994

Round is a shape!

ROFL True, very very true. :roflol:

It will be interesting to see what the courses of fire are, and how they are weighed to determine the "top shot."

Beside Jerry, Doug Koening and Mike Voigt come to mind. All three are fantastic shots with every type of firearm.

be

I am with you. Doug K has been in my mind since I heard about this.

If I didn't have a little one, I would so put my name in to try my luck.

Julie

Now if they had a contest that called for a person to put together a field stripped 1911 and change a diaper we might have a chance. :cheers: I used to be a live in nanny for five kids over five years and have changed more diapers than any single guy in his right mind should. :roflol: I just got to spend the evening with them and if I was sitting down I had at least two on my lap and one or two sitting next to me. Love them little buggers to bits. :)

Joe W.

16 gun nuts in the same house for 4 - 5 weeks.

Outstanding, it will be polite, very polite.

A number of things will occur.

All the issues with Glock v's 1911 v's Revolver v's anything else that comes up will be solved. By the end of the 2nd day, the 4th day, the 6th day, and then they will design a new gun.

17 new cartridges will be designed, someone will change his / her mind at the very end.

17 Best Beers, Bourbon, Whiskey will be sorted out, someone will get drunk and fall over and change their minds at the end.

32 best deer / home defense / competition loads will be sorted out, everyone will change his / her mind.

NRA AP, USPSA / IPSC, Steel Challenge, Bullseye, IDPA, Cowboy Action, Clay Target etc etc rules will all have sensible suggestions made about rule changes.

NRA AP, USPSA / IPSC, Steel Challlenge, Bullseye, IDPA, Cowboy Action, Clay Target etc etc will ignore them.

Wonder if my wife will miss me for 4 or 5 weeks. Or more importantly wonder if I will miss the wife after 4 or 5 weeks. :roflol:

Edited by gm iprod

edited to add this: any BE'er that gets into this has to understand the he/she will also be representing USPSA/IDPA/Steel Challenge. I am sure nobody here wants to paint the practical pistol sports in a negative light or to bring any of those 3 organizations into disrepute.

We're safe. Cliff's already stated he's not doing it.

http://www.brianenos.com/forums/index.php?showtopic=97211

Maybe! I think Dave Moss is going, if he goes Cliff will go too. That will be worth watching, trust me!

Maybe! I think Dave Moss is going, if he goes Cliff will go too. That will be worth watching, trust me!

:roflol: The History Channel will never know what hit them.

The applicant has to be versed in many weapons platforms. Doug K might be the most accurate handgunner (according to the ads), but can he shoot a bow? Can he throw a boomerang? How is he with a tomahawk? Can he hit grapefruit at 1000 yards? Can he do any of this with the gun supplied to him, not one of his own? The most well rounded marksman with the fewest mistakes will win. I got an email from the casting crew.

but can he shoot a bow?

Can he throw a boomerang?

How is he with a tomahawk?

Can he hit grapefruit at 1000 yards?

Can he do any of this with the gun supplied to him, not one of his own?

The most well rounded marksman with the fewest mistakes will win. I got an email from the casting crew.

Exactly why I sent my application. I may not the best at any one platform, but I have experience with all of them.

Spare mini gun (M132) barrel + Brownells wood handled 'cotton applicator' (Qtip) + compressed air hose = Gunsmith blow gun

Can I hit a grapefruit at 1000 yards with a Tomahawk? Maybe not.

Anyone else get a phone call from them or was it just me?

I'm trying to figure out if they're looking for loud mouthed trash talking reality show contestants, losers who think they're good but really aren't, or master shooters (GM and M class) which could easily be the quiet type more times than not.

On the other hand, I think I might be able to beat Jerry Miculek in a spear throwing contest so I'm going to continue the application process. :roflol:^_^

Edited by DyNo!

but can he shoot a bow?

Can he throw a boomerang?

How is he with a tomahawk?

Can he hit grapefruit at 1000 yards?

Can he do any of this with the gun supplied to him, not one of his own?

The most well rounded marksman with the fewest mistakes will win. I got an email from the casting crew.

Exactly why I sent my application. I may not the best at any one platform, but I have experience with all of them.

Spare mini gun (M132) barrel + Brownells wood handled 'cotton applicator' (Qtip) + compressed air hose = Gunsmith blow gun

Can I hit a grapefruit at 1000 yards with a Tomahawk? Maybe not.

Grapefruit at a 1000 yards with a Tomahawk (cruise missile)? No problem! :cheers:

After reading this thread last night it sounds like

<_< The thing is going to be like Ice Road Truckers / Big Brother kind of ....CraP. Sorry I don't care for reality TV. I have watched some at the shows when a guest at someone's home.

I can not figure why some one would do it . -------Shooting is fun

Being housed with strangers under a camera for 4+ weeks :sick:

Besides I bet they stick 16 people together until each person no longer likes even them self. and the last two days

Bring in the real professionals to do the shooting/winning

The thing I like less is that I keep coming back to read this thread. :blink:

Edited by AlamoShooter

Some of the AMU guys, who also hunt, would seem to have an edge on the actual shooting skills part. However, it would not surprise me at all to see some things come up we never thought of. I think we could all come up with a great list of 16, but we are not picking. I just hope one of the guys like Koenig, Burkett, Jerry, etc. get on it. Anybody know anything about the people who will choose?

Human power propelled weapons: Bow and arrow, spear, slingshot, etc. take a different set of skills than gunpowder projectiles.

Now, 16 A-type personalities living in the same house for 4 weeks...

I am sure I will watch it.