Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

What was your first car?

My first car was a 1970 Dodge Challenger it was a cool car but it was a money pit so I traded it for a 1975 Opel. Not a great trade when I think back and my girlfriend was pissed, she's my wife now and I still piss her off. Life is so good :roflol:

• Replies 93
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

My first car was a 1951 Henry J. Never got it running.

Second was a 1946 CJ2A that never hit the highway but saw some use around the farm.

Third car and first to be registered for highway use (sophomore year in college) was freshly painted 1960 Ford Fairlane. Don't ever give an old car a nice paint job. Makes it a target for some drunk at a four-way stop.

Bill

1970 Plymouth furry III mopar orange, with a 383. Huge boat, but i loved it. Got home from the Marines to find out my Dad sold it to a local scrap guy, for $50. I was pretty upset. Since I was without wheels, I went and Bought a new 1991 Gmc Z71 shortbox pickup.

a 1971 Pontiac Grand Prix paid 500 cash. It was pumpkin orange with a vinyl 1/4 top. Man was that thing UGLY. Only thing cool about it was the TA wheels that were on it. The nick name for the car was the Carriage.

1975 Toyota Corolla that was handed down to me from my sister in 1990. I covered the holes in the floor with brown indoor/outdoor carpet and was good to go. What a pile! I used to strap my 17' canoe to the roof and go duck hunting and drift fishing. Thinking back, I can't believe some of the places I took that car. :surprise:

1972 4 door Chevy Impala with "SS Land Yacht" on the side and an anchor hanging out the rear. :roflol:

My Dad taught me how to work on cars on it, and boy did I have a lot of learning to do! LOL It had a 350 4-bolt main and a 2barrel carb that I rebuilt and re-jetted with larger jets. I put some go faster parts on it (racing coil etc.)and a cherry bomb muffler and drove it til a crank bearing spun on it.

It was "pretty fast" but was not one of the "racers" in town. I know it would do 120mph+ after it was "tuned" though and pushed high 13's in the 1/4 mile :devil:

1964 Dodge Dart convertible with the small V8. Perfect cruisemobile and it towed my motorcross bikes all over the country before it died a natural death. I avoid watching Barrett-Jackson so I don't have to see how much those are worth now.