Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

Thinking about driving to Nationals in Vegas

AlamoShooter

Take benadryl and you'll be asleep during flight...

...and the subsequent plane-crash. <_<

I'll be driving, about 773 miles for me. I can't stand airplanes/airports etc. You could always split the trip over two days rather than try to do it all in one. I split it when I drove up to Montana a few years ago, stayed in a nice little hotel and only had 200 miles to go the next day.

I drove to Vegas from Dallas this summer, made it to Amarillo before storms forced me off the road. Otherwise I would have made into New Mexico the first day and into Vegas the second. Give yourself some time to get over the Hoover Dam, it;s slow going due to congestion. 1200 miles.

TSA killed flying for me as they said all my medicine had to be in the original prescription containers (7 different kind) and I get 90 day supplies.

The plus side is I have a vehicle that I don't have to worry about picking up & dropping off.

<_< I don't like flying to matches, and I have made the drive 8 out of 10 years going to the Steel Challenge.

For some reason thinking of the drive to Vegas by my self both ways making me tired.

B)

I'll bust my hump this year and if I make it to the Nationals next year, I'll split the drive with you :cheers:

Edited by rangertrace

I like driving to matches because I like having all my s#!t with me and not having to ship it. I can also bring extra stuff I "might" need.

I am driving to the Nationals but I am a bit closer to Vegas than you. Godd luck and be safe!

Neal in AZ

I've driven to Barry (1000 miles one way) three times and to Tulsa (1300 one way) once. Given that the first ~ 500 miles are the worst -- PA and OH are pretty congested with traffic -- I've always done it with an overnight stop either at the halfway point or about 100 miles past the halfway point to make for an easier second day.....

I'm driving - 555 miles each way per Google Maps.

Me and my wife, our own vehicle, with enough space for everything we need plus more to caddy stuff down for some friends.

My wife will be going with me so I can take more ammo, just in case :rolleyes:

But...she wants us to fly in to LAX so she can see her best friend and new baby, then drive to Vegas :o and then drive back to LA

I don't care for LA :(

<_< I don't like flying to matches, and I have made the drive 8 out of 10 years going to the Steel Challenge.

For some reason thinking of the drive to Vegas by my self both ways making me tired.

B)

Jaime, DON'T do it! Get on a plane, I'll drop you off again!!!!!!!

We need to meet up while in vegas,

Me and my wife, our own vehicle, with enough space for everything we need plus more to caddy stuff down for some friends.

At least you will be armed. But don't bring a hi-cap mag into the state, I hear they don't like that.

My wife will be going with me so I can take more ammo, just in case :rolleyes:

But...she wants us to fly in to LAX so she can see her best friend and new baby, then drive to Vegas :o and then drive back to LA

Barry, Glad to hear you are not gonna attempt to drive all the way there!!! :roflol:

Might have time for dinner at this match!

TimE

I like driving to matches because I like having all my s#!t with me and not having to ship it. I can also bring extra stuff I "might" need

And don't forget, you'll have room for a souvenir Vegas show girl or two on the way back as well. :roflol::devil::roflol:

Take benadryl and you'll be asleep during flight.

I like the Flying part its the airport I don't like.

Matt I waited at the airport 8.5 hours for the plain to leave that last time in Phoenix

I'm going to get another book on tap hit the road at 3am and check into the hotel before 10pm that night :wacko:

Thanks for the input

At least you will be armed. But don't bring a hi-cap mag into the state, I hear they don't like that.

Barry's LEO - I think there's an exception? :unsure::unsure:

Hello: My drive is about 575 miles or so. I like driving so it's not so bad. The wife and kids are flying. I have driven 19 hours straight through before from one border to another. The diesel is ready to go. I wonder how the Jetta will do on fuel? 1 tank there and 1 tank back :cheers: Thanks, Eric

Barry's LEO - I think there's an exception? :unsure::unsure:

Yes, LEOs are exempt.

If you're not LEO, you can just take the mags apart, since mag parts are not considered to be a magazine and there's no constructive possession of mag parts in California.

Edited by gose

IF I were going to Vegas this year, I would fly as I simply don't have the time to drive. Last year I drove alone to Tulsa from NJ in my RV. Not a bad trip. One just needs to plan on no more than an average of 12 hours actually driving. Yes you may drive more or you may drive less. I looked at the maps, and myself and said 2 days. I left Thursday and drove till Columbus Ohio, next day I got to Tulsa about 10PM. Actually I had planned on arriving early on Saturday, but it was easy driving and not much of a place to stop for the last couple ours east of Tulsa. Going home was a bit more of a challenge as the Hurricane was on my tail.

I would drive to Vegas in a heartbeat. All I need is the extra 6 days off.

Jim