Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

Things you bought for the sport

The biggest miss for me is the Maglula Uplula. I had such high hopes for it but it just never caught on with me. Turned out to be much easier to just stuff them in the old fashioned way.

The biggest hit so far, my 550b. :cheers:

• Replies 56
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Hit--Brian's book, just plain awesome.

Bust-- "Practical Shooting Manual" I bought it (online) after I was a "B" class shooter, this book is geared to someone that has never shot USPSA or visited this forum.

Hit: Nike Landsharks, the best thirty or so dollars I spent...seems like cheap insurance to me from slipping and falling with a pistola in my hands and possibly getting DQ'ed or worse. :unsure:

Miss: I will have to get back to you on that... I'm still thinking...

The biggest miss for me is the Maglula Uplula. I had such high hopes for it but it just never caught on with me. Turned out to be much easier to just stuff them in the old fashioned way.

The biggest hit so far, my 550b. :cheers:

Come shoot with us at about 25-30 degrees in the winter...that Maglula gets to be worth about 30-40 match points real quick :D Not so bad for those 30 round open mags either.

Hits (definitely not all inclusive): Benosverse, KISS Bulletfeeders, Bedell Custom Guns, Dillon 650, and 1050's, classes from Ron Avery, Manny, and Max & Travis, and a $9 WalMart folding chair when I travel to a match.

Misses: Radians earmuffs, should have just burned the $50 and stuffed the ashes in my ears.

Hits: The 550, this forum, Rudy Project shooting glasses, Brian's book, Matt's DVD collection, Gary Cuttitta's .45 recipe, therapon sunscreen, wilson combat mags, Dawson FO frong sight, Zero Bullets, the first two Les Baers I bought and the third after a lot of work, Extreme Engineering hammer/sear/disconnector combo, my awesome baby stroller range cart, my quad cab F-150, duluth trading company tool bag converted range bag, ISMI 16# springs, Bridgeport Vertical Knee Mill, Wally World $14 dollar huge umbrella, one shot case lube, slide glide, and 2.50 a bottle brake cleaner from Wally World.

Misses: Redding Competition Powder Measure (http://www.redding-reloading.com/pages/powdmeas.html), Lenny Magill DVD's, Rem Oil, equate brand Q-tips (my wife likes to pinch penny's, but this is unacceptable and now outlawed at my house), wearing jewelry while shooting, all of my IDPA holsters kinda suck for Single Stack, shoes without cleats, and my old clear shooting glasses. EDIT: Sordin muffs.

Edited by CSEMARTIN

HITS: Enos Forums, Glock 34, Bedell Limited, Shooter's Connection Bag, Dillon 650 and my Maglula Uplula.... I just can't see being without it!

MISS: Speed Comp Mag Pouches

Hit: My first full custom gun (Jim Anglin 6") - I've owned some nice guns, but this was the first gun where EVERYTHING was right. Now if only my personal technique were up to the same level as this gun!

Miss: Para P14.45 Limited LDA - bought after shooting one match, and conclusive proof that a little knowledge is a dangerous thing. Not a bad gun, but not at all suited to how/what I want to shoot. Its now an office gun.

Hits:

Rx shooting glasses.

Also a well used, plain jane Limited gun that just flat worked 100%, (and kept it for a few years instread of changing guns every 6 months.)

Misses:

Any fragile, weird 2 stage feeling, likely to fail in a major match, recoil management guide rod device thingy - any brand. <_<

Hits:

Benny Hill 6" Fat Free and his Rolling Thunder comp for the rifle. ACOG TA-11. AR Gold Trigger. Dillon SDB press. Anything Nordic Components. DPMS rifles. Mark Otto chest rig with PMT carriers. Eberlestock "Gunslinger" back pack. Bladetech DOH.

Misses:

Glock 34 (just doesn't fit me). Speed pouches for magazines (for 3-gun I need more security). Three point slings.

Hits:

membership to the PSGC. You can almost practice any day of the week, and NOT have to compete for space. My U dies, Nike trail shoes, grip when I need it, slide when I need it. LIFT brand safety glasses, cheap AND good. A cooler with water/gatorade/sandwiches for match.

Misses:

rem oil, leather gear, leather ANYTHING, and the failure to buy a good folding chair and cooler for my first good match. Bite Orthosports. Those suckers filled up with sand, had no useful traction, and lost comfort along the way.