Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

Look Again: 1,000,000th Post Celebration

benos

"We need to get technical here. Like how fast can you disassemble (no disassemble Stephanie) a 1911 blindfolded and then reassemble it divided by how many times Kyle has closed one of your posts for violating forum rules times the number of times you have answered the same question in the beginners forum ..... or something like that."
There is doubtless a category of membership here that would benefit from this exercise... :lol:

• Replies 213
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Someone said something today at the match that put the start of an idea in my head today. Last year there was an injured Vet just back from the sandbox that the good folks over in Texas hooked up with a nice setup to get him into competitive shooting. I hate that I've forgotten his name, but I know others will remember who it was. Something similar could work instead of the Junior program....just an idea...either way it would be win-win!

I was sent a PM to remind me that it's James Gill I was trying to recall....what an inspiration!

Edited by G-ManBart

Someone said something today at the match that put the start of an idea in my head today. Last year there was an injured Vet just back from the sandbox that the good folks over in Texas hooked up with a nice setup to get him into competitive shooting. I hate that I've forgotten his name, but I know others will remember who it was. Something similar could work instead of the Junior program....just an idea...either way it would be win-win!

Great idea Bart. Donating to an injured veteran would be fantastic. Not to take away from the idea of the vote as I also think it's a good idea.

Honestly, I can afford a new press if I want one, and most of the other guys probably can as well. That got me to thinking. I'm wondering if we couldn't take your kind offer and do something like donate that 550 or the cash equivalent to the USPSA Junior shooters program, or make it a special prize for top junior at one of the Nationals, or do something like that.

I was sent a PM to remind me that it's James Gill I was trying to recall....what an inspiration!

Both great ideas! Not sure that the forum needs to make the decision on what you want to do if you win!

This is a great thead celebrating contibutions of many members. Remember that we have an area called Member of the Month too for you to recognize your favorite contributors. Haven't had a nomination in a while so feel free to jump in there and tell us why your fav should be our next winner.

Member of the Month

Their are so many people on this forum that have saved my bacon on numerous occasions, including most of the names mentioned. But my vote would be for Howard, I feel when he gives you advice you can take it to the bank.

Tim

I don't understand how you ask members for their opinions and this not become a popularity contest, as was originally posted!!!!

as for POLLS, most of you know my opinion on them :roflol:

I say whoever makes the millionth post gets to pick from a list of approved charities, and then maybe something for themselves.

I know I do not need a 550, and would be most happy to donate it, but then my name was only mentioned once as well, as for my pick on most notable poster,...................................................................................

...........................................................................................

...................................................................Remember, as always. Yuer Ronge. :roflol:

Trapr

Excellent Idea!!

I think the Hat a good idea at this point

It will save the need to beer to console the guys that only get a vote or two.

miranda

:)

Not sure that the forum needs to make the decision on what you want to do if you win!

Good point.

When I was thinking about this months ago, I planned to get Dillon involved with it. At that time Dillon was considering running an article in the Blue Press (written by our very own Duane Thomas) to help celebrate our 1,000,000 post, and Duane was going to say fun things like how cool of a place to hang out BrianEnos.com was.

But management canned the project due to conflict of interest issues. Which was understandable. So I thought what the hell - I'll take all the thunder myself and give a press away anyway.

So my brain's been stuck on the press giveaway idea for some time.

So whoever wins can keep the press, or give it away to help a junior, vet, or their favorite charity. Or they can sell it to buy more primers. It will be up to them.

I'm really liking the "top 3 in hat" idea.

be

"We need to get technical here. Like how fast can you disassemble (no disassemble Stephanie) a 1911 blindfolded and then reassemble it divided by how many times Kyle has closed one of your posts for violating forum rules times the number of times you have answered the same question in the beginners forum ..... or something like that."
There is doubtless a category of membership here that would benefit from this exercise... :lol:

I could be a contender in the first two. I did just that with a 1911 many times and all I have to do alot of times is sit back and wait for my post to be closed.

From the vibe I've picked up from our popularity contest finalists ... I'm going to make an executive decision. I'm going to put G-man, Howard, and Sam into my new hat, and bigJoni's going to draw one of them on the day of the forum's millionth post.

Whoever wins can keep the press/dies, can give it away to help a junior, their neighbor's kid, veteran, or their favorite charity. Or they can sell it to buy more primers.

At some point, I will also have a nice "little something" for each of them, and also for whoever actually makes the 1,000,000th post.

be

I'm late to the game on this one . . . still feel like I need to post though.

The best thing about this thread is that it makes all of us recognize how cool the people are here, love that!

First, regardless of rules or requests, gotta recognize Flexmoney for all that he's done on these forums. His contribution from a content perspective is remarkable, but it's his ability to manage the complexity of all that is this forum that is amazing. Kyle is good people!

My non-moderator vote is Sam. Few posts, but not one of them that isn't deep beyond comprehension. That's my vote.

XRE is one of those guys that has the patience of a saint and the wear-with-all to really dive into how to best explain questions being answered. I have a ton of respect for that.

Any soldier here, and there are WAY too many to mention, you all deserve everything. So I won't recognize you individually, but I will say you have my gratitude and appreciation and respect. And I thank you!

There are so many people . . .

Brian - Thank You! You built this thing, you wrote the book, you achieved what few every have in shooting. Thank You for doing all of this. You've much to be proud of.

Thanks to all!

Jack

Great post Jack!!!

This is a really tough subject for me. There have been so many great contributors over the years. J1B has been one of my favorites over the years so I officially nominate him. Ron Akeny was a wealth of insight years ago. Bonedaddy ( Sam) has always been an interesting poster. Travis T was incredible at the beginning. TGO used to actually come around at times and that was super cool. My friend Rhino was way more fun than we could handle so he had to leave. Trust me, I've pressured him to come back. He's a tough one! I really enjoyed my friend Vince Pinto from HK. He made this place as much of what it is than most anyone I can remember. Miss him... The two Eric/Erik's were amazing! I miss both of them. I miss the 300lb gorilla! There are so many more...

Best of luck to the winner, but I can't vote. I have too many choices, too many memories...

Howard is a great guy, and his posts are always insightful and informative... and I really appreciate that he is willing to freely share hard-earned info and advice that he has compiled over the years as one of the best gunsmiths around.

But my vote still goes to Bart. Since my first days on the forum a couple years ago, I have always remembered that the guy with the Fox Moulder-from-The Simpsons avatar was really on point and very knowledgeable and helpful. As time passed, I only found this to be more true. And having seen so many others nominate him as well, it's clear to see that my sentiment is shared by many! Good luck Bart :cheers:

I'm late to the game on this one . . . still feel like I need to post though.

The best thing about this thread is that it makes all of us recognize how cool the people are here, love that!

First, regardless of rules or requests, gotta recognize Flexmoney for all that he's done on these forums. His contribution from a content perspective is remarkable, but it's his ability to manage the complexity of all that is this forum that is amazing. Kyle is good people!

My non-moderator vote is Sam. Few posts, but not one of them that isn't deep beyond comprehension. That's my vote.

XRE is one of those guys that has the patience of a saint and the wear-with-all to really dive into how to best explain questions being answered. I have a ton of respect for that.

Any soldier here, and there are WAY too many to mention, you all deserve everything. So I won't recognize you individually, but I will say you have my gratitude and appreciation and respect. And I thank you!

There are so many people . . .

Brian - Thank You! You built this thing, you wrote the book, you achieved what few every have in shooting. Thank You for doing all of this. You've much to be proud of.

Thanks to all!

Jack

That is very kind - thank you Jack. ... Bringing back lots of good ole memories!

We have a nice place to hang out.

Thanks to all of you that make it nice (and have made it nice for such a long time now)...and THANKS BRIAN !!!!

Thank you Kyle. And since we're all in mushy thank you mode - you have my deepest respect and appreciation. Without the never ending heart and soul you pour into this place - I don't know what we'd have but we wouldn't have what we have now.

be

Dave Re

When he has something to say you really should take the time to read and understand.

I mulled this one over for days and there are a lot of Smith types who have helped me over gun problems, but I thought I would go with one that really helps me when it comes to shooting issues. Above all, it's the shooting for me... when I really need that type of advice I go with people like Dave... I only wish he had more time to spend here. I guess some of you have a life. :)

JT

Just did some more-post count math, we're right on schedule to hit our millionth post Friday afternoon (Pacific Time).

It's interesting how consistent our posts/day count is, since I started keeping track of it February - between 600 - 650 posts/day.

be