Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

Look Again: 1,000,000th Post Celebration

benos

• Replies 213
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Just a thought from me ( :rolleyes: ).... ;) I'll bet for every helpful post we see here there are 20 PMs or e mails with more direct questions and answers exchanged by our members. I am not sure if that is good - it may help in keeping the threads direct and on point - or bad as it might prevent the sharing some knowledge that could be used by others somewhere down the road found via a search....

Lots of people that contribute a lot of help and knowledge to members of this forum that prefer to keep a lower profile.

Just a thought from me ( :rolleyes: ).... ;) I'll bet for every helpful post we see here there are 20 PMs or e mails with more direct questions and answers exchanged by our members. I am not sure if that is good - it may help in keeping the threads direct and on point - or bad as it might prevent the sharing some knowledge that could be used by others somewhere down the road found via a search....

Boy-howdy.

The forum is here to share the knowledge. Do it on the forum and you get lots of input and others can benefit too. Do it in PM's and you get one guys opinion and nobody else can learn from it.

I'd love to jump on the G-man Bart bandwagon or to nominate CSEMartin, but since I'm limited to one choice, it'll have to be Sam, because he's caused me to think more than anyone other than Brian in the last few years.....

Yes. He's stopped me in my tracks more than a few times.

Impossible task. The best 100 would be difficult. Any one of the names mentioned would be a great choice....

But...... Kyle gets my vote.... :cheers:

Me to, if mods didn't ask to be excluded.

;(

Impossible task. The best 100 would be difficult. Any one of the names mentioned would be a great choice....

But...... Kyle gets my vote.... :cheers:

Me to, if mods didn't ask to be excluded.

;(

Mod or not .... I cant believe there weren't more votes for the "Greatest Section Coordinator ever"! :rolleyes:

(PS Thanks for the Nationals slot Kyle!) ;)

Well I guess if you can't nominate a Mod, I would have to say Howard Smith. Very knowledgeable.

I say put the names of everyone that has been nominated in a hat and draw one for the 550.

I like that idea. See more on this below the candidates. ;)

Where's the poll?

Jeez, Mr. Impatient. Where's Michele's ankle bracelet!? ;)

Here's the list -

G-MAN BART

HSSMITH

Sam

Matt Cheely

jkrispies

Gentlemanjim

Todd Litt (00Bullitt)

XRE (Dave Re)

Kurt Miller

Kgentry

BOZ1911

Aikidale

Vulture

bkeeler

Benny Hill

Mike Carmoney

G-man, Howard, and Sam were the overwhelming favorites.

So what do you say... instead of creating a poll with the top 10 nominees (my original idea), bigJoni draws from a hat (my hat, I'll take a pic of it) with G-man, Howard, and Sam in it.

?

be

I like the poll idea Brian. Let the members pick. might be cool if there was a hidden poll. like you can't see the results until its all over.

Yea that would be cool, but there isn't any wide to hide the results.

Keep 'em coming...

be

Where's the poll?

Jeez, Mr. Impatient. Where's Michele's ankle bracelet!? ;)

Either in your mailbox or should be there tomorrow. Then again, nothing would surprise me of the (not so) First Class Mail.

B)

BTW, I like the idea of the hat. A lot easier.

Edited by Nemo

Well, I have already won (edit:personal feeling just due to the responses in this thread). Thank you all for the kind words and thoughts. I was quite surprised to see this thread and never expected to be recognized like this. Thanks again!!

Edited by HSMITH

I like the hat-drawing idea myself. All 3 of those BE members (G-Man, HSmith, and Sam) are SO deserving of the honor and it would be a hard decision for us as members to truly choose the "BEST" one. Let's let fate decide through a drawing, instead!

I think the fairest thing to do would be to put all the names in the hat. Maybe it would be better to put multiple entries in the hat to equal the number of times someone has been nominated?

I can't even begin to thank Matt Cheely enough for all the help he has given me with my gun build. I'd sure like to see him get a chance to win the 550!!

I like the hat-drawing idea myself. All 3 of those BE members (G-Man, HSmith, and Sam) are SO deserving of the honor and it would be a hard decision for us as members to truly choose the "BEST" one. Let's let fate decide through a drawing, instead!

That's my feeling exactly.

On number of member nominations, G-man had the most, and Howard and then Sam were close behind. And then all the rest were in the 1 to 3 nomination zone. So one of the top 3 would be the winner in a poll. The three's popularity in the nominations was obvious.

So let's here it from G-man, Howard, and Sam - Poll/Vote or Draw from the hat.

?

Just did some more post-count/day-math, we're right on schedule - we should hit the one millionth post in 8 - 9 days.

be

Brian,

Wow, this is really amazing. Like Howard I was close to speechless when I first saw this thread. For those that know me, that's really saying something :D The first name I thought of was Howard :bow:

I'm sorta just typing off the cuff here, but I'll try to keep it brief. Not that I would win, but seeing the comments above, is really all the thanks I need. I love the idea you came up with as it's just the kind of thing that points out the wonderful people that are involved in our sport.

Year ago, probably 1991, I was a very new shooter to USPSA and I was shooting a match at the Pima Pistol Club in Tucson. As I sat under the cover chatting with someone between stages I commented about some sort of problem or issued I'd run into. Note....I have a voice that kind of carries so people hear me from a long way away. Just then, this guy walks over and it's obvious he'd heard my problem. He took about five minutes to walk through it with me and I remember a lightbulb coming on as he was talking. Of all people, it was TGO helping me out. At the time I was thinking "wow, the best guy in the world went out of his way to help me, an absolute nobody!". Ever since then I figured that's just the way it should be. I've long since lost count of the times other people have helped me so I like to pay that forward to someone else any chance I can.

Honestly, I can afford a new press if I want one, and most of the other guys probably can as well. That got me to thinking. I'm wondering if we couldn't take your kind offer and do something like donate that 550 or the cash equivalent to the USPSA Junior shooters program, or make it a special prize for top junior at one of the Nationals, or do something like that. You could award it in the name of whoever wins the poll, gets drawn from the hat....whatever. It's just a rough idea, but figured it was worth considering.

No matter what, a huge thank you to everyone who posted such kind comments....I can't say how much that means. You all rock :cheers:

Just did some more post-count/day-math, we're right on schedule - we should hit the one millionth post in 8 - 9 days.

be

Brian,

Wow, this is really amazing. Like Howard I was close to speechless when I first saw this thread. For those that know me, that's really saying something :D The first name I thought of was Howard :bow:

I'm sorta just typing off the cuff here, but I'll try to keep it brief. Not that I would win, but seeing the comments above, is really all the thanks I need. I love the idea you came up with as it's just the kind of thing that points out the wonderful people that are involved in our sport.

Year ago, probably 1991, I was a very new shooter to USPSA and I was shooting a match at the Pima Pistol Club in Tucson. As I sat under the cover chatting with someone between stages I commented about some sort of problem or issued I'd run into. Note....I have a voice that kind of carries so people hear me from a long way away. Just then, this guy walks over and it's obvious he'd heard my problem. He took about five minutes to walk through it with me and I remember a lightbulb coming on as he was talking. Of all people, it was TGO helping me out. At the time I was thinking "wow, the best guy in the world went out of his way to help me, an absolute nobody!". Ever since then I figured that's just the way it should be. I've long since lost count of the times other people have helped me so I like to pay that forward to someone else any chance I can.

Honestly, I can afford a new press if I want one, and most of the other guys probably can as well. That got me to thinking. I'm wondering if we couldn't take your kind offer and do something like donate that 550 or the cash equivalent to the USPSA Junior shooters program, or make it a special prize for top junior at one of the Nationals, or do something like that. You could award it in the name of whoever wins the poll, gets drawn from the hat....whatever. It's just a rough idea, but figured it was worth considering.

No matter what, a huge thank you to everyone who posted such kind comments....I can't say how much that means. You all rock :cheers:

Another reason you deserve the honor. That's a great idea...

Honestly, I can afford a new press if I want one, and most of the other guys probably can as well. That got me to thinking. I'm wondering if we couldn't take your kind offer and do something like donate that 550 or the cash equivalent to the USPSA Junior shooters program, or make it a special prize for top junior at one of the Nationals, or do something like that.

Wow, that is an awesome idea Chris.

Like JT said - another reason we love you here.

Who else likes that idea? Howard, Sam? ;)

I just remembered - I'll probably do the poll anyway - because I will have a "momento-type" prize, at some point, for the forum's most fav'd contributor.

be

We need to get technical here. Like how fast can you disassemble (no disassemble Stephanie) a 1911 blindfolded and then reassemble it divided by how many times Kyle has closed one of your posts for violating forum rules times the number of times you have answered the same question in the beginners forum :wacko:..... or something like that.