Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

Look Again: 1,000,000th Post Celebration

benos

• Replies 213
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Aw Brian,

how can I choose between Gman, HSmith, GJ, and Revchuck? These guys have all given me great advice, and been patient with stupid questions from a newbie? This is gonna be TOUGH! :unsure:

G-Man Bart. A capable shooter and a thinker/theoretician that has a knack for understanding and explaining the finer points of what is needed to improve your game.

Another excellent choice, and besides he sticks up for my Guga holster on a regular basis...

Well let's see ?? There's Hsmith ? Merlin ? I know:

Gentlemanjim, most well rounded contributor, including the political, and things that have nothing to do with shooting !! :roflol: Oh ya, and there's those Firebird components specials just for members !! And

he's a 3gunner, covering all aspects of our sport !! :cheers::cheers:

HSmith

Matt Cheeley (is he a mod?)

G-man

Chris Keen

would all be pretty damn good choices. All four have contributed to other's shooting, gunsmithing, reloading, on a regular basis.

Edited to add Carlos to the mix too. His read on the recent 2nd ammendment issues and his experience in reloading has been very helpful over the last couple of years.

Please be clear in your post if anyone you mention in your post is your nomination.

Thanks in advance. I'll really appreciate that a week from now.

be

As much as I hate to admit it, if you hadn't excluded him, I would have had to vote for FlexMonkey. He frequently shows great restraint while helping us, the ignorant, great unwashed masses.

He doesn't post a whole bunch here becuase he's "just" a Master knocking on the GM door, but DeweyH does an incredible amount helping the locals get better. (I think he's just tired of not having any competition)

Other locals who do a lot locally and are active on this board are Linda Chico and Jack Suber, but Jack wears a Clemson shirt and should be disqualified for that alone.

For the sheer volume of help that he provides both at the matches and online, I have to nominate Boz.

My vote would have to be for Bart (GMan). Bart is a good friend who is the same person in real life as he is on this forum. He has loaned me equipment to use as well as to just put eyeballs on to see how something works or is put together. Shooting with him is indeed a pleasure as he is always upbeat and always willing to share ideas on shooting a stage or just shooting itself. I will be saddened to see him move back east but his duty calls and off he goes. Bart, my hat is off to you and you have my nomination. :cheers:

CYa buddy,

Pat

Brian,

I don't know how you got Flex as a moderator.

I recommend you find a way to keep him happy.

as for who here is a must read for me when I see the username

AND is not a moderator....

For making posts I like and find reassuring,

I nominate Aikidale.

miranda

I'm gonna have to vote for GMan Bart. I see him continuosly helping others with information and that includes me. He has taken his own time to PM me with links that I couldn't locate, send info on guns I was ignorant on, and help in any way he can.

Edited by jasmap

I would like to put a nomination in for bkeeler.

I don't know him but in his humble way and without fanfare, he offers great advice and helps out other shooters daily in the "Shooting Forums" and the "Handgun & Technique Forums". Come to think of it, I don't recall him ever posting in a non-shooting forum.

Man o man, there's waaaay too many people here with awesome advice to nominate just one.

It's like looking into a wheelbarrel full of 100 dollar bills and picking which one is the 'best one'.

Well let's see ?? There's Hsmith ? Merlin ? I know:

Gentlemanjim, most well rounded contributor, including the political, and things that have nothing to do with shooting !! :roflol: Oh ya, and there's those Firebird components specials just for members !! And

he's a 3gunner, covering all aspects of our sport !! :cheers::cheers:

Please be clear in your post if anyone you mention in your post is your nomination.

Thanks in advance. I'll really appreciate that a week from now.

be

Huh ?? I even highlighted it in blue ??

Gentlemanjim

Edited by P.Pres

I vote for ME! :goof:

My vote goes to Sam aka Bonedaddy. I always enjoy his insights.

That's funny.

I was helping ForensicsDoc load some furniture for his move back to TN this morning and stopped by to see Boz at his shop on my home. We were talking about this thread and I started telling him about this guy named Sam that I planned to nominate. I guess we were on the same wavelength.

"Bonedaddy-isms" have meant a lot to me over the years. He doesn't post much, but what he does share is insightful, wise, and thought provoking.

An example that has been hanging over my monitor for several years:

"Humility!

The lack of it causes me to
try

Bottom line, I can only shoot as well as I've trained myself to shoot. But, I think, "that isn't good enough for me".

Since it's impossible for
me
to shoot better than
me
, lacking humility, I will try to shoot like someone else.

Thus, a lie is born. Lies always come unraveled in the end.

The end comes quickly in a 20 round field course.

This is the most frequent source of 'crash-and-burn' I see in myself and other.

Blessed are the humble....

Sam, a.k.a., 'Bonedaddy'

Bart, Howard, Jim, Dave, and all the others mentioned so far are great choices. I wish the best for whoever is ultimately selected.

This forum is about meeting wonderful people.

People with insight like Brian himself, Flex indeed world class referee, HSmith and others whose insights in shooting sports USPSA/IPSC enriched my life.

Merlin and SigLady....

Difficult to select one, but Sam aka Bonedaddy is No.1 for me! His insight is incredible!

Henny.