Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!
benos

Look Again: 1,000,000th Post Celebration

Since mid-January, when Rob Boudrie told me that we'd reach a million posts this year - I've been keeping an eye on the forum's total post count.

At our daily post count average - 600 to 650 posts per day - we should hit 1,000,000 posts near the end of this month.

That's pretty cool.

So to celebrate this milestone, let's do something fun. Like give away a Dillon RL 550B Press and a set of Dies - to our forums most valued contributing member.

Please note that we don't want this to be a popularity contest. Or in other words, we don't want the winner to be everyone's favorite comedian.

We've got quite a few members - that rarely even ask a question - who are in here day after day, providing great advice across a wide variety of topics. That's the kind of member we're looking for.

Here's how we'll do it.

In this thread, every member can post a single nomination. Also, for your nomination to count - please add at least a sentence or two, describing why you feel your nomination deserves to be the forum's most valued contributor.

Then next Thursday (23rd) I'll start a poll with the top ten nominees from this thread. And the winner will be determined on the day the forum hits its one millionth post.

Also note that the moderating staff unanimously asked to be excluded. (I think they asked to be excluded because if they weren't, then they all new The Hammer, aka Flexmoney, would be the winner.)

;)

A HUGE THANK YOU from me and all the mods to all our forum's members who have made, and continue to make, this such a great place to hang out, share, and learn!

be

I nominate Howard Smith. :cheers: His polite answers to a host of technical questions has always earned my deepest respect. He does not try to keep "inside" information from the masses of us backyard gunsmith/tinkerers.

I nominate Howard Smith. :cheers: His polite answers to a host of technical questions has always earned my deepest respect. He does not try to keep "inside" information from the masses of us backyard gunsmith/tinkerers.

Funny - he was my first thought too. He's awesome.

be

g-manbart: he answers a lot of questions and has the patience to go into and provide enough detail for anyone to understand.

G-Man Bart. A capable shooter and a thinker/theoretician that has a knack for understanding and explaining the finer points of what is needed to improve your game.

Brian, I think this is a good idea. :cheers:

But, shouldn't the person that makes the millionth post win something? :unsure:

Just a thought,

A.T.

Just a thought,

A.T.

That's also in the works.

Thanks A.T.

be

That's also in the works.

Thanks A.T.

be

So near the end of this month, will we get a daily update? :roflol:

If so, just watch the post count go out of sight. :roflol:

A.T.

P.S. My 550 will be delivered Friday. :cheers: :cheers: :cheers:

P.P.S. Thanks for your help and suggestions.

Aw Brian,

how can I choose between Gman, HSmith, GJ, and Revchuck? These guys have all given me great advice, and been patient with stupid questions from a newbie? This is gonna be TOUGH! :unsure:

G-Man Bart. A capable shooter and a thinker/theoretician that has a knack for understanding and explaining the finer points of what is needed to improve your game.

Another excellent choice, and besides he sticks up for my Guga holster on a regular basis...

Well let's see ?? There's Hsmith ? Merlin ? I know:

Gentlemanjim, most well rounded contributor, including the political, and things that have nothing to do with shooting !! :roflol: Oh ya, and there's those Firebird components specials just for members !! And

he's a 3gunner, covering all aspects of our sport !! :cheers::cheers:

Just a thought,

A.T.

My thoughts exactly.

Gman or Hsmith or Merlin or ......... Cracky Brian, why'd you go and do this, it's too difficult for my lowly "B" butt. So many members have helped me and most don't even know it, so thanks to all!!!!!

Final answer: Hsmith, always thoughtful and helpful and full of insight.

I vote for G-Man, so he can win it, and sell it back to me... I need one, since I'm shopping for AR-10s!

JeffWard

HSmith

Matt Cheeley (is he a mod?)

G-man

Chris Keen

would all be pretty damn good choices. All four have contributed to other's shooting, gunsmithing, reloading, on a regular basis.

Edited to add Carlos to the mix too. His read on the recent 2nd ammendment issues and his experience in reloading has been very helpful over the last couple of years.

Edited by SA Friday

HSmith, Matt Cheeley or Zhunter; decisions, decisions...

Of course if the Mods were in this, that would change everything.

Still thinking

I know for me, my vote goes to Tod Litt (00Bullitt).

I moved down to his neck of the woods in the last year, and was seeking information about matches, gunsmiths, and good ranges. Not only did Tod provide helpful insight and answers to my questions here on the forum and via PM, but he went out of his way to helping me in person at both USPSA and IDPA matches. I have seen consistent improvement thanks to Tod's help which started on this forum.

While he may not be quite as active with respects to posting as of late due to a child on the way, I know that Tod has provided others on here with answers and useful information, especially when it comes to photo comparisons.

So I will throw my vote for Tod aka 00Bullitt

:cheers:

ETA" spelling errors.

Edited by cold

I'm not a mod, lol.

I'd like to nominate XRE, he has some very good responses to technical shooting questions. I like to hear his breakdown on many different subjects.

I nominate Kurt Miller.

I think his sense of humor is very entertaining, and his technical/practical experiences with mostly rifle/shotgun is right on par with anyone else here.

Hes also the best example of sportsmanship Ive yet seen in the shooting sports..

I dont really care if he wins a press or not, probably nor does he; I just think his name deserves to be added to this thread.

I can't decide between DougCarden, HSMITH, or G-man. All have lots of good answers to a variety of different shooting, gun smithing, and reloading questions.

I'd like to nominate XRE ...
+1

Ignore the shooting for a minute. This is a man who was willing to drive me around Austin when I got my corrective eye surgery. He didn't know me from Adam or Eve but was willing to go out of his way to help a fellow shooter. Didn't need his services as the wife drove my blind butt around. But thanks anyway. I can only hope to repay the offer some day.

Just a thought,

A.T.

My thoughts exactly.

You guys can have a chance for the 2 mil. reward. :roflol:

KGentry, did an awesome getting a major sponsor, getting a team together, also worked out a program to give a great discount back to us and created alot of buzz around it on the site