Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

How old was everyone when they started USPSA/IPSC?

SavageMOA

• Replies 257
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Joined USPSA just over a year ago, while still 21.

Since then, USPSA has become my primary all-consuming hobby (just got my new blaster for my Limited rig this past week!).

I shot numerous "unofficial" multigun matches (with a mix of USPSA and IDPA rules) for approx. 2 years before that while still in IL (during college @ UIUC - matches not related to the university, though on a semi-related note I did shoot on the UIUC Trap & Skeet Team as well).

Joined USPSA just over a year ago, while still 21.

Since then, USPSA has become my primary all-consuming hobby (just got my new blaster for my Limited rig this past week!).

I shot numerous "unofficial" multigun matches (with a mix of USPSA and IDPA rules) for approx. 2 years before that while still in IL (during college @ UIUC - matches not related to the university, though on a semi-related note I did shoot on the UIUC Trap & Skeet Team as well).

First match in 1998, at age 36. Stopped shooting for a few years, came back in 2008.

22 as I recall.

I showed up to a club match in 1987 with a Glock 17 in a Galco Miami Vice rig. It was explained that I could not use this rig so I shot the gun mexican style (tucked into my jeans) with my left rear pocket serving as a mag holder. I did get a Glock holster and shot with it for a while, never got mag holders back then.

I dropped out for 18 years and came back to it in 2005. Now I shooting another Glock 17, although I've vastly upgraded my my gear. No way I would shoot or allow another shooter to run a Glock without a holster these days though.

• 3 weeks later...

20 yrs ago this yr at age??? 25??? started with a lil club that 'sort of' ran USPSA rules back then, used to drive 140 miles to shoot the 2 stage match they used to put on, that was back in the days of no hi-caps ordots and comps were just starting to come onto the scene, funny how one kid put one of those long tubed aimpoint??( it was nearly as long as the gun) on one of those combo grip/mounts??? we all thought he was nuts, then he started winning matches....ut oh....gotta have me one ofthose....hehehe been shooting at least one match a month ever since....has it been 20 yrs??? wow....

• 3 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...

In 2003 at age 22. Just started to actually get serious about it 2 or 3 years ago, though. Once I read Brian's book, I actually started to pay attention to what I was doing and have been improving in leaps and bounds ever since.

Interesting side note, the first club I shot at, CRAPS in Cedar Rapids, IA, actually had their first match on the day I was born. I didn't have a gun yet, though!