Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

How old was everyone when they started USPSA/IPSC?

SavageMOA

• Replies 257
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Started in 2002...when I was...19...yeah, 19...THAT'S the ticket...Nine-teen...2002...

Nothing personal, but on behalf of Team Geritol I would like to tell you where to go. :cheers: Seriously, I would like to see a lot (and I mean a whole lot) more young folks in the sport. You are our future.

Plus ultra Ron!

Edited by schmitz

Started shooting with dad when we moved to Oceanside in 73. Did the IPSC when we moved it to Rainbow. Started the cowboy stuff when dad got that going. Took a brake for school and Starting a family. Now I'm on the hunt for something around Denver.

I was 38yrs young. :roflol: Started USPSA in 06'. Had been shooting IDPA for about 4yrs prior to that. My son started when he was 12, and my daughter shot her first match last sunday at the right old age of 11. :cheers:

First was a Single Stack match in 2007, age 37. A lightly attended year of IDPA before that. I wish I'd started earlier, but I'm happy to have found such a fun game.

• 3 weeks later...

Well I am 70, brother is only 67 and we have just started shooting IDPA and my 1st IPSC match is coming up this weekend. We have both been shooting since about age 15. Just moved to Holiday Island, Arkansas and am looking for 3 gun within 100 miles of the house. Brother has been in Lakeview, Ar for about 4 years.

He shoots an M1 carbine, a sig 9 and a 20 ga. I shoot an M14, 870 12 ga and a 1911. Guess I will be in the cannon class.

We both are a litle slow with the running, but will be happy to shoot. Maybe just against each other.

My grandson has hot pants to shoot w/us, so looks as if we will be breaking him in.

:o)

Don