Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

Who has primers and when

tomfturner

• Replies 502
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Midway had CCI #41s for a few mins today, but with a 5k limit it came down to almost $200 with hazmat and shipping... I'll wait :)

I would have bought some, but they were out when I got there.....

Email received at 7:20, out at 7:27........ :wacko:

I got my PV order of 10K Wolf primers today. The wait was not too bad. I wish we had an early warning system on the Forum so we could send out a general notice when somebody got primers in the website.

I am set for a little while, I generally just standardized on Winchester small rifle but now I got Winchester Small Pistol, Federal Magnum Pistol, Magtech and Wolf. I may just use the Winchester for Major Matches and the rest for practice since my experience with them is non-existent.

I got my 20K Wolf SP and LP last week from PV. Used the first 3K already. I have used Wolf before and it has been fine for me. About 6K only had one primer not go off with a good strike. Not perfect but pretty good percentage and it could have been seated bad.

Scheels in Great Falls received 20K each CCI LP & SP but they are only selling 100 packs priced @ $3.99 with a limit of 3 per visit. Salesman complained the suppliers are gouging them but I saw an invoice list that says shelf prices are about 35% over invoice. Scheels is now a last resort store.

Big R HAD Federal LP & Gold Match Magnum SP @ $3.29 so I picked up the last 2K LP and 3K of the SP because I will need them for a 40S&W Open load next year.

Feel free to label me as a nasty hoarder but I believe in planning ahead.

Scheels in Great Falls received 20K each CCI LP & SP but they are only selling 100 packs priced @ $3.99 with a limit of 3 per visit. Salesman complained the suppliers are gouging them but I saw an invoice list that says shelf prices are about 35% over invoice. Scheels is now a last resort store.

Big R HAD Federal LP & Gold Match Magnum SP @ $3.29 so I picked up the last 2K LP and 3K of the SP because I will need them for a 40S&W Open load next year.

Feel free to label me as a nasty hoarder but I believe in planning ahead.

A total of 5,000 primers, is a long way from being a hoarder. :roflol:

Stay Safe,

A.T.

For those that ordered from Widener's, how long has it taken to recieve them. Thier site says thier are a week behind processing orders, but I was wondering how long it is really taking. I placed an order last week and havn't seen anything yet.

I placed an order last week on Thursday; it was finally billed to my card today. No word on shipping just yet. The order history / status page says "Processing".

My order arrived on Friday the 31st :)

5K Wolf large pistol plus 1K Wolf and some powder for my .223.

Now I need to get the rest of the parts to change my SDB over to large primers, get a 45 conversion kit, and then find some bullets :rolleyes:

Dealer prices from PV are 6% less than retail. By the time they get to me, they cost me what you see printed as retail. I use to buy powder from Grafs, then I realized PV was selling to the public cheaper than Grafs was selling to me at dealer cost, now I buy from PV. I'm pretty sure it's the same way with everybody else. A guy needs to make a buck or two to stay in business. If a guy is going to sponsor matches and prize tables he needs to make 3.

Small order of Fed SP primers ordered in April shipped.... I wish I had ordered more!

That is good news. I am waiting for some Fed SP and LP that I ordered April 26th.

I ordered Win SPP 3/17/09 from Powder Valley, maybe these will show up next if Cabela's is shipping them.

I called PV yesterday (I also have Win SPP on backorder from them) There que is down from 50MM primers to 5.5MM primers. I am currently at about 1.2 MM back from the top of the list. They thought the March orders would be shipping this month.

That is great news!

Edited by adweisbe

I just got back from a trip up the western U.S. I hit as many gun stores as I could find from Indio CA to Vancouver WA. I think I visited somewhere near 50 gun stores in various towns. I managed to get only 200 CCI SP magnum primers. TWO LOUSY BOXES! (Little mom & pop in central Oregon) I even went to a gun show, and there was nothing there either. (Although you could get several great looking ARs by the likes of DPMS, Rock River, Ruger, Remington, and Bushmaster for anything from $1499 to $2000. Not to mention some good deals on hanguns, LOTS OF THEM! I went to a gun store here today, no primers, no guns.) :angry2:

Has anyone received a shipment from Cabelas?

I'm losing confidence in them. First, they send me an e-mail saying my primers shipped. I called to clarify some shipping arrangements since I'm moving, and the lady on the phone tells me they didn't actually ship. They were going to ship the first week of August. Then I get another e-mail a few days ago telling me my primers are still on backorder and should ship the end of this month. I called Cabelas and they give me the "primers are in demand" speech. I explain that I understand this, and I'm not upset about it at all. I just need to know what is going on so I can figure out where to have them shipped.

I guess I could have them delivered to the hotel I'm staying at this month. Think a hazmat delivery will upset the hotel manager?

I'm losing confidence in them. First, they send me an e-mail saying my primers shipped. I called to clarify some shipping arrangements since I'm moving, and the lady on the phone tells me they didn't actually ship. They were going to ship the first week of August. Then I get another e-mail a few days ago telling me my primers are still on backorder and should ship the end of this month. I called Cabelas and they give me the "primers are in demand" speech. I explain that I understand this, and I'm not upset about it at all. I just need to know what is going on so I can figure out where to have them shipped.

I guess I could have them delivered to the hotel I'm staying at this month. Think a hazmat delivery will upset the hotel manager?

I've had some on BO with Cabellas for some time. My impression is they just have a standard time that they say they expect the primers to be in by. When they aren't in by that date I get another email giving a new date that is the same number of days out as my last email promised.

OK, this is for New England Revolver shooters. I have 5000 Federal LPP and 10,000 Federal Small Pistol I will swap for Winchester. I am NOT SELLING primers or shipping I am just trying to help out fellow rev shooters. I am off the wheel guns for a while and can use the Winchester primers for my flat sided bottom feeders.

You know how to find me

For those that ordered from Widener's, how long has it taken to recieve them. Thier site says thier are a week behind processing orders, but I was wondering how long it is really taking. I placed an order last week and havn't seen anything yet.

I placed an order last week on Thursday; it was finally billed to my card today. No word on shipping just yet. The order history / status page says "Processing".

My order arrived on Friday the 31st :)

5K Wolf large pistol plus 1K Wolf and some powder for my .223.

Now I need to get the rest of the parts to change my SDB over to large primers, get a 45 conversion kit, and then find some bullets :rolleyes:

For Bullets, check out http://www.bayoubullets.net/ Donnie has a great product, good service, and very fair pricing.

I just got in 6000 WSP primers from Cabelas the other day.

Ugh... Midway had Federal SPPs in stock for 8 minutes today... Apparently I was a minute late. :angry:

I feel for you, but I just scored 5K from them. Having gotten the "we have primers" email and responded immediately only to discover they'd already sold out a couple of dozen times, I don't feel tooooo guilty.

Besides, they will only sell 5K at a time, but at least I'm breathin' easy til the end of the year.

I have been emailed several time from three

large sellers- during the day- by the time I get

home see the email and call- all three have sold

out 3 times over- no holding of the primers I was

informed- you have to be there or be square! :angry2:

I just got the e-mail notification too From Midway for Fed SP. Just found out they have a 5 K limit. I Think that put the total up near $ 200 delivered. I think I will also wait untill they get rid of that 5k limit. It just does not pay, whith such a small quantity.

Also on another note, about 2 weeks ago, I got a notification from Cabellas that my backorder was cancelled, since they would be unable to fill it. That kind of sucks after waiting on that list for a few months.

As I started reading the post where peoples backorders were being filled. I thought , good maybe this primer ordeal is coming to an end. But , then the current post tell me the end is still not in sight. I am trying to hold out, but it's getting tougher and tougher. :angry2:

Graf & Sons called me this weekend to confirm my backorder of 10k Wolf SP from June. As with Powder Valley, the price went up. That puts me at 25k which is a nice comfortable level where I no longer have an excuse not to practice ;)

Got the call Friday from Grafs that my 15k Federals I ordered in May had arrived. This came a week after my 15k Wolfs I had on BO came in from Grafs and only like two weeks after 10k Wolfs from PV.... When it rains it POURS! Ended up selling 10k to a friend for exactly what I had in them. Hopefully that 10k will help him or someone else. I'm pretty set for a few months :goof: