Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

Who has primers and when

tomfturner

• Replies 502
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Graf shipped quickly the Magtech SR primers quickly. Mine will be here Monday.

Will be trying the the Magtech SR primers in a couple of different rifles and possibly 9 Major open guns and pass on the experiences.

Robert

L2723

I tried a K of Magtech SR's last year. They worked fine in 38 Super and 9 Major loads. Seemed to be a pretty hard primer, so maybe not so good for light-springed revos or whatever.

My RF-100 had a few more flippies than as other brands, but I could live with it if it's all that's available.

I just got done loading 2K of magtech large pistol in .45acp.

I have 4 primers that wouldnt fit into the tubes, used the Vibra prime,. didnt want to dick with changing over the RF-100 A lot of them didnt want to slide down the primer tubes....so take that for what it is worth.....they work, but QC might be a little sketchy.....

DougC

I just got done loading 2K of magtech large pistol in .45acp.

I have 4 primers that wouldnt fit into the tubes, used the Vibra prime,. didnt want to dick with changing over the RF-100 A lot of them didnt want to slide down the primer tubes....so take that for what it is worth.....they work, but QC might be a little sketchy.....

DougC

Were they too large or slightly smaller so that they tipped over on an angle and got stuck?

I've found that Win SP and SR primers are just a tiny bit smaller than Fed SP or SR and frequently (one or two each hundred on average) get on an angle and stick in the tube of the Vibra-Prime. Normally, if I just rotate the tube and tap it a few times they'll drop free. FSP and FSR never seem to do that and I know they mic out a little larger (which is also nice for when the primer pockets start to get loose with Win). R,

Bart, didnt even try them....Vibraprime is faster for me.....I know the Magtecs are dimensionally larger than the Wins and Feds.....but didnt mike them, if I think about it I will try to later.

DougC

I bought 1k of the same primers and had problems with them loading in the primer system of my 1050 consistently.

DSC01829.jpg

I'm SOOO jealous. :wub: We aint got sh*t in my neck of the woods; things are very bleak here. No powder or primers at all. Mail order is not an option 'cause I live on an overpriced island in the middle of the Pacific ocean. Hazmat stuff has to be sent via container ship.

I'm down to my last 1K with a small reserve for my Nationals ammo....

Thanks for the heads up,,, I have some on order... OUCH!!!!! on the price.. seeing they are in stock,, I actually think I will get them! :cheers: in my life time,,

I have primers on back order from three other places,, :ph34r:

Jim M ammo

brunoshooters.com has Federal 205M in stock at $49.95/k

That is rediculous. I bought primers last month from Natchez for around $28/k for cci small pistol. I am getting my shipment in this week from Powder Valley with win primers at $24/k. I sent some comments to Brunoshooters.com and told them they are price gouging and I will not buy anything from them and will send my buddies elsewhere for their shooting supplies.

The primers are coming in, the war in Iraq is slowing, we should see primers back in stock very soon.

I'm having the same backorder problem as CSEMARTIN. I ordered them on 6/4/9. Just hang in there.

3 of 21-2932 Federal Centerfire Per 1000 Primers #205 SM RIFLE PRIMER

Backorder-Tentative arrival to Cabelas 07/30/09

3 of 21-2932 Federal Centerfire Per 1000 Primers #150 LG PSTL PRIMERS

Backorder-Tentative arrival to Cabelas 08/20/09

This doesn't gaurantee they'll ship on that date. I called an asked about how far down the list I'm at, she says half way, ~2k out of ~4K invoices for primers. The quantities of primers per order wasn't tallied, neither was the cabela order they are to receive.

JMTC

I'm having the same backorder problem as CSEMARTIN. I ordered them on 6/4/9. Just hang in there.

I'm very happy to hear this news from cabelas. I wasn't expecting anything this soon. As long as I get them by next year, no problem.

brunoshooters.com has Federal 205M in stock at $49.95/k

That is rediculous. I bought primers last month from Natchez for around $28/k for cci small pistol. I am getting my shipment in this week from Powder Valley with win primers at $24/k. I sent some comments to Brunoshooters.com and told them they are price gouging and I will not buy anything from them and will send my buddies elsewhere for their shooting supplies.

The primers are coming in, the war in Iraq is slowing, we should see primers back in stock very soon.

When did you place your order with Powder Valley? I order from them in May.

Edited to say -Just looked at PV website, they're getting Wolf in the 15th and shipping to everyone who ordered before 7/30.

Edited by DJM3808