Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

Who has primers and when

tomfturner

Wideners has most types of Wolf primers in stock right now

http://wideners.com/itemview.cfm?dir=278|284|737

I just ordered 10k small pistol

Nerd alert: I heard a rumor several weeks ago about a Wolf primer shipment in mid-July (which obviously turned out to be true), so I actually wrote a little script to check Wideners' product page for Wolf Small Pistol every 10 minutes, and email me at home and at work if it changed. I got a lot of false positives over the weeks because of the way they do their category listing HTML, but today it tipped me off when it counted!

Edited by MoNsTeR

• Replies 502
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

http://store.thirdgenerationshootingsupply...cfm/2,3715.html

Third Generation has CCI Small Pistol Magnum primers in stock. Expensive($39 per K) and limited to 2k per customer.

You would be better off ordering from TGSS's other internet store called Gene Sears ( http://www.genesears.net ). Their prices are the same but their limit is 5,000 per customer instead of 2,000.

I actually wrote a little script to check Wideners' product page for Wolf Small Pistol every 10 minutes, and email me at home and at work if it changed.

Who needs computer skills when we have you around! :roflol: Just kidding... Thanks a bunch for the intel!

Wolf are fine.....I have shot > 20k with no more of a failure rate than Winchester.....about 1 in 10k fail to light but it just as well could have been a high or crushed primer as a bad one.

Lee

Widener's has WOLF small rifle, LG Rifle, sm pistol, lg pistol in stock NOW.....

From Sinclair International, Inc.

Primer Availability

Folks, we've received another shipment of the Sellier & Bellot primers this morning. There are both Large and Small Rifle primers currently in stock. Call our 800 line @ 800-717-8211 or order from our website to get your primers before it's too late.

These shipments have typically lasted about a week before inventory is exhausted. We're requesting that customers, again, respect our one case (5000 primers) limit per purchase. Part numbers are #25-8000 for the Small Rifle primers, and #25-8100 for the Large Rifle primers.

Just got a message from Midway that Winchester Small Pistol Primers were in stock....

Just went to order some and they are now out again. <sigh>

They actually had both SP and SR, but with the 5k limit the shipping and hazmat just add too much for it to be worth it for me now.

The SP lasted little over an hour, the SR a few minutes ;)

Just got a message from Midway that Winchester Small Pistol Primers were in stock....

They actually had both SP and SR, but with the 5k limit the shipping and hazmat just add too much for it to be worth it for me now.

I called within 30 seconds of receiving the message from Midway on my phone. It seems others got the message faster, since they were out....

We tried to get an order together for Wolf locally and then the supplier raised the prices and doubled the minimum order to 2M so we didn't go through with it. Just orderd 10K of Wolf SR from Wideners and have 10K of Fed SPM on the way as well....folks better jump on this asap! R,

I called within 30 seconds of receiving the message from Midway on my phone. It seems others got the message faster, since they were out....

Ditto. I got the alert on my Crackberry, hit the speeddial button for Midway and the SRs were gone by the time the sales rep got on the line. Was able to get SP and LP though.

Powder Valley called me at work today to let me know they had Wolf at the 25% mark-up and would I like to proceed with my order.

If I had known that the primer shortage would get this bad, I would have ordered 5K instead of 2. I now have only enough to get me through December. :angry2:

I should have been a pessismist when I was working 2 jobs, and the wallet was a little fatter. I have shot the wad on ammo, targets, gear for the year. Now, after vacation, it will be shooting this fall and winter.

I hope this gets better for the coming season. I pray the ammo gods will lower the prices to pre-election levels.

Hope, and Pray!

Jimmy

I paid $60.00 a thousand for CCI small pistol magnum primers.( nice to know that no one is gouging, huh?) I had no choice, 4 majors and nationals left for the year...plus practice, that give me about 10,000 total for the rest of the year.....dang that is kinda scary..I wonder is USPSA will rise the occasion and go waaay old school....like slingshots and spears, bows an arrows....I wonder if there is any money in once fired primers <_<

Both Powder Valley and Wideners currently have various Wolf primers in stock. I wouldn't wait long if you're going to order.

They are both out of WOLF SPP but they still show all others in stock.

Both Powder Valley and Wideners currently have various Wolf primers in stock. I wouldn't wait long if you're going to order.

They are both out of WOLF SPP but they still show all others in stock.

When I posted earlier, small pistol magnum were in stock at both places.

5k Magtech SP from Cabela's arrived today, 10k Wolf SP from Widener's scheduled for delivery Tuesday. I'm still a little shocked to get some, I half expected the box to just have packing peanuts in it and a note that says "ha ha, fooled ya!".

Bad news: Cabela sent me this email:

Dear Customer,

We regret to inform you that we are still unable to supply the merchandise you

requested and now find it necessary to cancel the back-ordered item(s) listed

below.

21-0756 Winchester Per 1000 Primers 7 LARGE PISTOL

I ordered those back in May.

Good news: I was able to get wolf primers (in stock!) from wideners :)

Got a call yesterday from Powder Valley, they're shipping 25K Wolf primers I ordered in March, at the new price ($25.50) of course but at least not the $30 - $60 some people are talking about.

I'll be set for awhile.

Got my 5K from Wideners today. $26.40 per 1K isn't bad in this market and since my local shops have given up this was my best shot. Unlike some others at least Wideners had what they advertised at the price posted... Good enough for me!!!!