Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

Who has primers and when

tomfturner

Someone mentioned this idea on another post, so I thought I would start a post with the idea of people posting when they find primers ... and when ... if they run out please post that as well.

Please exclude the post of "well gunbroker has all the primers you could want" because we all know that's just profiteering. Valid vendors only!!!

Please indicate quantities available per order or any limitations if they are specified on adds.

Begin your post NOW!!!

-TT

• Replies 502
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Cabelas is taking orders even for out-of-stock WLP (They show it as a Back-order & are projecting a 2 week ship date according to the email I was sent).

Credit card orders will not be charged until your items are shipped.

Linda Chico (L-2035)

Columbia SC

Never stock up on components just buy 1000 at a time when I need them usualy 22 bucks, Running out and few to be had. Paid 40 bucks at the local Gander Mt for 'Small pistol Mag match' what ever that means they work OK in my .38 revolvers . Thought they had ripped me off then went on line and ordered 2000 Rem Large Pistol from Cabellas. What with shipping and Haz fees nearly 100 dollars for 2000 primers.

Looks like I am going to have 5 cents in every round just for the primer.

Boats

Greg Our club bulk orders, one in place now the company took the money, cashed our check, over 20K then advised they were not going to ship any primers, leaving us with no lever to use against another distributor. Now it looks like the best Club deal is Cabelas at regular retail price 40 bucks per thousand

Boats

Ok, make sure you are sitting down. Here in Phoenix we just had one of our big gun shows, 200+ tables and primers were going for

$107 a thousand!

yes you read that right. Buy what you can or wait and hope the prices come down.

Edited by Rogan

Ok, make sure you are sitting down. Here in Phoenix we just had one of our big gun shows, 200+ tables and primers were going for

$107 a thousand!

yes you read that right. Buy what you can or wait and hope the prices come down.

At that price Im gonna park my stuff and take up fishing. Id rather be hit in the head with a 2X4 than fish, but I dont see me paying that much.

I have a standing order in at Cabela's for about $1800.00 worth of primers of various kinds. I was told the estimated shipping date is when they expect to receive and ship whatever quantity to the people on the top of the list. The 3-4 week time is misleading, could be more like 8-10 weeks.

Someone mentioned this idea on another post, so I thought I would start a post with the idea of people posting when they find primers ... and when ... if they run out please post that as well.

Please exclude the post of "well gunbroker has all the primers you could want" because we all know that's just profiteering. Valid vendors only!!!

Please indicate quantities available per order or any limitations if they are specified on adds.

Begin your post NOW!!!

-TT

Here you go: http://store.thirdgenerationshootingsupply...cfm/4,4931.html

These folks have several hundred boxes of Federal Small Pistol Primers in stock.

Begin your post NOW!!!

-TT

Here you go: http://store.thirdgenerationshootingsupply...cfm/4,4931.html

These folks have several hundred boxes of Federal Small Pistol Primers in stock.

And their match is cheaper? but then again they just happen not to have them,,,hmmmmmmmmmmmmmmm

'em to the list

And I thought 32.99/k for Win LPP from my local dealer on Tuesday was high and the 34.99 for Federal SPP last Saturday was crazy.

I just found a box of Win small rifle I had forgotten about, the price on them was $11.50.

I was by Cabelas in Buda TX yesterday and they had 45K plus Remington Large Pistol Primers.

I just called. All 45K are gone.

The guy told me they wouldn't put me on a waiting list. He said to call on Wednesdays at 9am central time to see what they have on the truck.

1-512-295-1100

I just picked up 2000 Federal SPP from Third Gen Shooting Supply at 39.99 only out of desperation. Unfortunately, they are only allowing 2000 per customer per type of primer. I still have my back-order at Powder Valley, but with 50 million back ordered, I'll probably see them when my kids graduate college and I don't have any kids yet!

On another note, I found a treasure trove of other primers; small rifle, large rifle, magnum, match, and 3k of CCI large pistol. I love all the good things you find when you clean out your gun room!! To think at one time I paid $11 for 1K. I shake my head for not ordering 50K at that price. Lesson learned.

S

Thanks Cy for the info!!

Edited by ShaunH