Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

Who has primers and when

tomfturner

I've seen evidence that the top reloading supply houses are giving preferential treatment to those retail customers with high $ orders - historically. Meaning the "Whales" have gotten their primers before the low dollar customers that placed orders earlier.

BB

It might appear that way, but as one of those $$$$$$$$ customers, I can assure you it's not true. I was given a number to stand in line and when my number comes up I get some primers. The problem is, I ordered 100,000 of 1 kind, and they send me 15,000. So even as a large account retailer, I get no better treatment than a retail customer.

• Replies 502
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I've seen evidence that the top reloading supply houses are giving preferential treatment to those retail customers with high $ orders - historically. Meaning the "Whales" have gotten their primers before the low dollar customers that placed orders earlier.

BB

It might appear that way, but as one of those $$$$$$$$ customers, I can assure you it's not true. I was given a number to stand in line and when my number comes up I get some primers. The problem is, I ordered 100,000 of 1 kind, and they send me 15,000. So even as a large account retailer, I get no better treatment than a retail customer.

The case I saw is NOT the supplier I mentioned (I want to be clear about that), but an individual received a large order of Win SP Primers from Vendor XYZ while my order was at least 3 weeks earlier and I am yet to receive it. This individual I know places regular and large orders from vendor XYZ.

Thats all the evidence I have.

I am not vendor bashing here. Its a difficult business decision to make, and if I were in their shoes I might well do the same thing. This happens all the time in the specialty chemical business when something gets real short in supply.

BB

Edited by BlackBuzzard

MagTech Small Pistol Primers - 3 cases max

www.grafs.com

As of 8-24-09

Got mine yesterday, loaded 100, shot them this morning.

The magtech spp's feel like Winchesters in the press, and shot flawlessly in my reduced-power-striker-spring Glock.

:cheers:

BB

"""""""shot flawlessly in my reduced-power-striker-spring Glock."""

That is good to know,,, I shoot the same type of Glock set up,

Jim M ammo

Powder Valley.

Got the call a voicemail message the end of last week from Powder Valley on Winchester Small Rifle. I had them back-ordered since late February. By the time I was able to call them back that day, they only had a portion of my order available, the rest will remain on backorder.

The guy indicated they still had backorders in the 40M+ range but were taking back orders now.

Robert

L2723

we send out an email to our customer list that have registered on the website.

I didn't realize we were supposed to register on your website. Am I still on the waiting list?

I just talked to Cabelas. I was told not to expect my CCI large pistol primers for at least another three months.

Chris, PM sent. And yes, it's a good idea to register as a user, that way I can send out a mass email to our customer list when hard to find items come in. I usually put it out there for our customers before bringing it to Enos.

Chris,

I would consider that the minimum amount of time from Cabellas. I talked to them about some WSRs I have had on order for.... uh.... a long time, and the very nice, polite young lady on the phone kind of giggled and said that they are just routinely punching out estimated arrival dates as either 60 or 90 days. They honestly have no idea when any primers are coming in.

Rick

I got another email today, they are shipping my Win Large pistol. The good news is, I have no more primers on back order. :cheers: The bad news is I've had three haz-mat charges this month. :surprise:

Hey, Life is Good, :cheers:

A.T.

Edited by atbarr

Today I went to Carter's Country on the SW Fwy here in Houston. They had SP, SPM, SR, LR, LRM...something for most everyone. The brands were CCI, Federal, Win and Fiocci. I nearly fell down when I saw the cache they had! The prices are always high at that store, but not more than they were a year ago. I was there with a new shooter who picked up 2k of Federal SPM...$36/1000. He was able to get 2lb of IMR 7625 too.

WooHoo...maybe the drought is nearly over. If they had WSP in stock then I would have been even more convinced!