Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

Official Area 4 match annoucement - 2009

• Replies 321
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Online match book was posted yesterday as promised.

Lee

I found a mistake... You forgot that the chrono is worth 10% of the match... :roflol:

True......I also forgot to tell everyone to make sure your scores on the Palms are what you thought BEFORE you sign it. Just like a paper scoresheet, once signed it is done! :goof:

I will add these when I get home from work!

If I shoot on Friday do I need to come back on Sunday for the prizes?

I would look at page 11!

We are attempting to eliminate the 2-3 hours of prize distro at the end of the match when everyone wants to get home. The is a pure random prize selection and no one will just go home with a bottle opener. All prizes are worth more than $50 and some > $500.

Lee

If I shoot on Friday do I need to come back on Sunday for the prizes?

I would look at page 11!

We are attempting to eliminate the 2-3 hours of prize distro at the end of the match when everyone wants to get home. The is a pure random prize selection and no one will just go home with a bottle opener. All prizes are worth more than $50 and some > $500.

Lee

BRILLIANT!! Love it!! :cheers:

I would prefer a walk to the table in order of finish, even though Ive been lucky with random draws. My .02.

I'm just the opposite. I like the Christmas morning feeling from the random drawing rather than scuttling back and forth along the table, delaying things while trying to decide what to pick. If I get something I don't need, I sell it in the classifieds and get something I do need.

Curtis

Reading through the match booklet it states that a competitor may not earn more than one gun. Not that it will matterto me, but doing the prizes before the match how would someone be able to earn two...Sorry if this is a stupid question, just a little confused and thought I might have missed something

Well, you could win a gun via the random draw and earn a gun by winning a division....I guess we didn't spell that out clearly enough. In that case you would have to give one up. I guess you would have to be lucky to win one and very good to earn another one.....it could happen but.....

Lee

We tossed around many different ideas about how to do the prize table. there is a different opinion for every shooter. My personal preference as a match director is NO prize table, its a huge pain in the ass to organize and no one is happy, it's a losing proposition. just look at the last 5 posts on this thread. Match has not even started and someone does not like our set up. All I know is that when the match is over, it's not about the prize table, it's about the MATCH! Please keep your opinions to the opinion forum and lets talk about how great this match is going to be and IS! Division winners will receive a gun, a gun certificates or a frame from STI.

P.S. Someone is going to walk off with a SIG SAUER 226 with the USPSA logo. Or a GLOCK, or maybe an XDM.

Edited by shootingchef

P.S. Someone is going to walk off with a SIG SAUER 226 with the USPSA logo. Or a GLOCK, or maybe an XDM.

I'll take the Sig!

:roflol:

Seriously, I'm looking forward to this match as well. It's going to be a heck of a lot of fun.

Edited by Sean.McCanne

We tossed around many different ideas about how to do the prize table. there is a different opinion for every shooter. My personal preference as a match director is NO prize table, its a huge pain in the ass to organize and no one is happy, it's a losing proposition. just look at the last 5 posts on this thread. Match has not even started and someone does not like our set up. All I know is that when the match is over, it's not about the prize table, it's about the MATCH! Please keep your opinions to the opinion forum and lets talk about how great this match is going to be and IS! Division winners will receive a gun, a gun certificates or a frame from STI.

I will go back and edit my post, sorry. I didnt know we couldnt express opinions or give feedback here.

Mike, we are not oppose to opinions....we solicited plenty in order to come up with this decision and want to keep the tone of this thread positive. We made a decision and know not everyone would totally agree but no decision would have done that anyway. We do appreciate you signing up and look forward to seeing you at the match.

Lee

The 2009 Area 4 Saturday/Sunday match is now FULL more than 1 month before the match is to begin! :surprise::surprise::surprise:

Thanks to all who helped spread the word to make this happen.

There are a very few slots available for all day Friday shooting. Fill out the online app and submit it. If there are still slots available I will email you back so that you can pay.

Lee

I'll tell you guys what I told Porter re: prize tables at the DTC. Do it the way you think best. If people don't like it, they won't show. If people do like it, they will show. Most people don't care that much, and prefer to show up for the match anyway. As long as it flows well and doesn't make itself a PITA for the competitors, its all good...

Winning stuff is cool - personally, I prefer to take away a prize for a solid match performance rather than random chance - but I don't show up for the prize table, I show up for the match and the competition. ;) Just my opinion, anyway... :lol:

Mike, we are not oppose to opinions....we solicited plenty in order to come up with this decision and want to keep the tone of this thread positive. We made a decision and know not everyone would totally agree but no decision would have done that anyway. We do appreciate you signing up and look forward to seeing you at the match.

Lee

Thanks for your hard work. No matter what decision you come to people will always complain if it is not in line with what they want. At the end of the day, you're the one that's busting your butt to get things done as good as you possibly can. You should be commended for your hard work regardless of your decisions, especially petty ones such as this.

We do have a few slots for the Friday only match still available. I am sure you would enjoy shooting in Squad 8 if you can make it!

Oh yeah, and the prize table is > $29k now.....

Lee

I'll be there Sat & Sun but I think we are going to drive down Thursday evening to spectate. :surprise: