Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

Official Area 4 match annoucement - 2009

• Replies 321
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I'll be driving up from Plano on Friday morning. Any idea how long it will take to get to the range? I'd like to get there between 7:00 and 7:30am. What time do the locals leave to make it? Any secrets on getting there or are Google directions accurate?

Sounds like it will be an adventure ... I can't wait :)

Thanks in advance.

I'll be driving up from Plano on Friday morning. Any idea how long it will take to get to the range? I'd like to get there between 7:00 and 7:30am. What time do the locals leave to make it? Any secrets on getting there or are Google directions accurate?

Thanks in advance.

It takes about 2 1/2 hours to get there from my house in Plano. Google is accurate....though they have opened Hwy 82 in Wichita Falls be aware of the 45 MPH speed limit about 2 miles onto the new section of road. Ask Cobb how he knows about that :surprise:

Thanks in advance.

It takes about 2 1/2 hours to get there from my house in Plano. Google is accurate....though they have opened Hwy 82 in Wichita Falls be aware of the 45 MPH speed limit about 2 miles onto the new section of road. Ask Cobb how he knows about that :surprise:

2.5 hours from Plano :surprise: That is what we're planning from Athens :roflol: Just kidding :rolleyes:

The weather changes every time I look it up. I think the Double Tap is the only range where you have an equal chance of dying from heat stroke or hypothermia all in the same weekend.

Actually not just in the same weekend but also that chance is there for the same day......

The weather changes every time I look it up. I think the Double Tap is the only range where you have an equal chance of dying from heat stroke or hypothermia all in the same weekend.

Actually not just in the same weekend but also that chance is there for the same day......

Ahhh, so you've been to Wichita Falls before, huh? :roflol:

I'm a little worried that the FroggToggs I bought say to keep away from open flame - no standing next to the bum fires for me!

Rolling out of Dallas before the crack of dawn in the morning, see y'all there.

I'm bringing rain gear, rubber boots, and a roll of contractor trash bags to keep my gear dry because I know if I pack for bad weather the sun is sure to be shining:)

Just checked again for Friday and weather.com is showing AM clouds and PM sun and a high of 59°. Looks like good shooting weather! :goof:

Edited by jtischauser

I registered today but forgot my eye protection so I had to run back to the hotel. On the way back to the range the sky opened up. I passed three storm chasers pulled off to the side of the road. If I wear ruby red cleats to get back from Oz is that an unfair advantage?

2009 Double Tap Championship = sleet, snow and ice

2009 Space City Challenge = a foot of rain in two hours

2009 Area 4 Championship = sigh....

We need to design a patch for the survivors.

See ya in the mud tomorrow,

Jack Sweet

As the rain continues to fall this weekend adds drowning to the list of hazards.

Luckily I should be able to get to the range because I'm driving the vehicle that Peterson's Off Road rated as the number one off road vehicle for 2009.

A rental car. :)

It was miserable out there today. I DQ'd on my second stage because I'm a dumbmass. Too add insult to injurt my car got stuck. If you have a car be careful of where you park if it still wet. I parked along the side of the range and got stuck. My car was so bad when I left after I got it pulled out I actually spent money to wash a rental car. I headed out after lunch because I was soaked to the knees and I couldn't feel my toes anymore. I'm still not warm yet back at the hotel. I do have to say the heated pressure wash water at the car wash feels really good on your frozen feet when you are hosing of the 7 pounds of mud stuck on each cleat.

Those pics just dont portray how sticky and sucky some of that mud was in the deeper stages. My shoes were nearly getting pulled off just walking around the safe area! I heard more than one person say they just weren't gonna shoot in the muck.

Stages and setup looked great. The MD's and RO's all put a lot of effort into this but Mother Nature can be a heinous B$$%@#. Just hope the weather cooperates the rest of the weekend!

Good luck to all those who shootin this weekend.

Heres my cleats after one stage. Already stripped a bunch of mud of off them at the range before these pics were taken.

IMG_0192.jpg

Edited by rrflyer