Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

Official Area 4 match annoucement - 2009

• Replies 321
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

In all reality I'm not sure I have been to a better run match....especially considering the challenging conditions. Top notch indeed and you can count us in next year!

+1 had one heck of a time!! planning on attending again next year as well as double tap!!

• 3 weeks later...
The last of the trophies will be going out this week. Those of you in Canada, be patient, they will arrive.....

we tried to get the match for 2010, but our Area Director has other plans.

Sigh. Sorry to hear that. Well, I was considering Area 4 or the US Production Challenge. I can only do one of them next year. Makes the choice pretty easy.

The last of the trophies will be going out this week. Those of you in Canada, be patient, they will arrive.....

When is the AD election for A4 anyway - inquiring minds and all.

Edited by Fullauto_Shooter

according to the bylaws, next summer, with the announcement in September. Start date is Jan 1, 2011. A very drawn out process.

Those in Area4 need to think about either running for office or who they will support. April 1st is the cutoff date.

From the bylaws:

6.4 Nominations for President and Area Directors:

All incumbents shall be automatically nominated unless they decline to be nominated. Others wishing to

be candidates may submit nominating petitions to the national office no later than the first business day of

June in the year of the election. The nominating petitions shall contain the signatures of fifty current

individual members and their membership number. In the case of a candidate for Area Director,

signatures from members residing outside of the Area shall be considered invalid. Candidates shall

receive such support and coverage from the national office as may be specified in current USPSA policy.

Anyone privy as to what those plans might be?

Most other sections have their dates announced already.

I thought it was traditional in A4 to wait until all of the other matches were scheduled before a dates was selected. My assumption is that is done so that we can avoid setting a date that conflicts with anything else.

I thought it was traditional in A4 to wait until all of the other matches were scheduled before a dates was selected. My assumption is that is done so that we can avoid setting a date that conflicts with anything else.

I don't think that's the reason why we never have a date till LATE in the year.

Please consider this a gentle reminder that the BrianEnos forums are not the place for politics of any kind, including USPSA area management issues. This thread exists for discussion of the 2009 Area 4 match should not be confused with a soapbox. Subsequent posts that do not recognize this distinction are subject to removal without notice and may result in the topic being closed.

Thanks in advance for your restraint,

Mark R.

BE Forum Moderator

Who cares.....let's forget that for which we cannot control and focs on the 2009 A4 being the best A4 in years. Whenever and where ever it is in the future is up to others. I am just glad we pulled off a good one.

Lee

So, if the NTP is not going to be handling the A4 match, is there anyway to discover what and or at least when the partial plan is? Would Ken be the contact for that? Anyone got an email addy for him?

Jim

http://www.uspsa4.org/

It's been about 9 months since I've talked to Ken Hicks, and I've had the best luck reaching him via cell phone.

Yes, as A4 director, he is the person designated by USPSA to get the ball rolling on the Area 4 match.

Gawddammit. (a very un-Moderator type response). I'm tired tonight and can't think of a better statement of how this makes me feel. I'm human, too.

I'm closing this until the Mod team can best figure whether or how to gut this thread.

Don't even think of starting this same crap somewhere else on the forums unless you're personally willing to risk a suspension of an extended duration.

:angry: