Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

Official Area 4 match annoucement - 2009

I had a good time at the match (weather not withstanding) and the ROs were friendly (makes a match go smoothly) and the stages made you use those bumpy things on top of your slide for a change. Over all a good match (not counting the zero on a stage...). First time to use palm, just saw one error but it got worked out in the end.

Now...

The only real complaint I have was at the awards presentation. I understand and do not have a problem with the minimum in a class to receive a trophy. What bothered me (and it did not affect me personally, see above) was that the shooters who won their class but did not have the minimum shooters for a trophy were passed over as if they did not compete. Now being first in a class of 5 or class of 4 is not that much difference so at least call their name and place. Just a few more seconds of time and makes the shooter feel better anyway. Just my thoughts anyway....

Dale

• Replies 321
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Clearly, this match is by far the most challenging A4 i've ever shot. I, as well as my shooting buddies from Houston, San Antonio and Louisiana are impressed by the

design as well as the 'techno-savvyness' of the organizers. Kudos to The Lee & Nick, Ken, Scott, Arthur, All the ROs and Sponsors who braved the

semi-cooperative weather.

Heeeey, Squad 23! (you know what I mean...)

Edwin

Heeeeeeeeeeeeeeey.

Lee, Cobb, Nick, and Arthur are to be commended for getting the Area 4 match back to a respectable event.

Ditto. Speer - great stages, Stockton and all the others from NTPS, good job.

The weather at the 2-Tap range was less than desirable again. I think we've got 5 years of good weather ahead of us just to get us back to average. I've lived in the area most of my life, and this range has been hosed by the weather at the last three major matches.

I have to commend all the organizers behind this match...despite the conditions, they really took care of business and made our jobs as ROs easier in every way. I worked Stage 2 and it was a fantastic experience. From the match director down to the newest unclassified shooter, all I saw for four days were great attitudes and people ready to rock at the beep.

And for you guys who thought Friday was tough, after the RO shoot on Thursday where our squad only got to finish eight stages, it took almost two hours to just to clean the mud out of my Glock mags. The four stages I shot Friday afternoon felt like a walk in the park by comparison. :roflol:

And a special :cheers: to Lee Neel. His scoring setup from the electronic leader board to the infrared synced printers on each stage was absolutely first class and state of the art.

Thanks to all involved getting Area 4 back on track.

Curtis

The mud at area 4 reminds me of ro'ing stage three at the Mississippi classic this past May. Those who where there will remember that mess, but it was still a good time. I am glad everyone was able to shoot and pass a good time, congrats to the lousiana crew.

Clearly, this match is by far the most challenging A4 i've ever shot. I, as well as my shooting buddies from Houston, San Antonio and Louisiana are impressed by the

design as well as the 'techno-savvyness' of the organizers. Kudos to The Lee & Nick, Ken, Scott, Arthur, All the ROs and Sponsors who braved the

semi-cooperative weather.

Heeeey, Squad 23! (you know what I mean...)

Edwin

thanks edwin it was good shooting with everone in squad 23. learned a lot from everyone that was there. main thing had a great time. hope to see everyone again that was in squad 23 again.

see some of yall at the gator. this time i am going to shoot open with an open gun LOL :)

Don

Edited by zer.45

All, just to be clear, the scoring program used was Rod Cassidy's Stage Score. Stage Score website. Rod is a shooter so he understands how things should works and has made several improvements from suggestions by users of his software. It is a great product and made my life better by not having to manually enter > 2600 scoresheets. Thanks Rod!

As for the equipment used....I own ~40 Palm Tungsten T2's with a few Tugsten E's, E2, and E3's in the mix. I had external battery packs and had very few problems.....only 2 reshoots were required due to scoring issues and they were due to a dead battery pack I missed on one unit and a use mistake on another. Pretty good error percentage if you ask me.....I also own and used O'neil 2T thermal printers.....I have ~28 of them and was able to swap fresh printers in most paper out occasions.

All in all I think the Stage Score program running on the Palms is the only way to go for big and little matches. I generally upload local match results to USPSA when we stop for lunch after the match. No more hours of fussing with scoresheets when I get home.

Lee Neel

Well that makes me feel better. I wasn't the only one to go headfirst into the mud.

Jordan, GREAT muzzle control. Glad you were able to finish shooting the stage and were safe. I shot a match this year and they had taken some dirt off a berm. The dirt was very soft and when I ran through the soft dirt my feet came out from under me. I went face first foward. I was able to keep control of the muzzle and I finished shooting the stage.

Glad the Area 4 is back.

All, just to be clear, the scoring program used was Rod Cassidy's Stage Score. Stage Score website. Rod is a shooter so he understands how things should works and has made several improvements from suggestions by users of his software. It is a great product and made my life better by not having to manually enter > 2600 scoresheets. Thanks Rod!

We've been using Stage Score for our club as well, Lee. It's an absolutely great program. But I was really commenting on your way-cool hardware setup. Your battery-operated printing setup really helps get the most out of Stage Score when you can hand the competitor a printout of his score right at the stage within a few moments of his run.

Curtis

Edited: 'cause I hate typos!

Edited by BayouSlide

.....only 2 reshoots were required due to scoring issues and they were due to a dead battery pack I missed on one unit and a use mistake on another.

use mistake? <_<

Oops.....forgot about yours.....ok, 3 total reshoots....M4Super90 had a Palm just lock up on him. I was able to get all the other data off of it but not the shooter for which it locked up. Still a good percentage overall. The use issue was someone did not turn on an external battery and the unit simply died......once recharged I was also able to get all that data as well.

the Weather was a pain again at area 4 for sure (Got 4 inches of rain Thursday night ) But, it was not just here in Wichita Falls the storm system stretched all the way to the East Coast. (just as it did in March here) so it is not just Wichita Falls getting bad weather. Things in life come in threes and we have not had the best weather for Three matches Now, SO- NOW I PREDICT GREAT WEATHER AND SUNSHINE ALL THREE DAYS This March for the Double Tap!

The Staff, and RO's and Competitors All did a Great job at this match and it was fun being a competitor and not responsible for anything that had to do with running the Match. I was in Charge of making Sure the Range its self stayed in ordered. IE: We poured Pine Bark in Stage 2 and Layed plywood down for the RO's

A big Thank You to all the organizers, to all the sponsors, and to all the ROs of this match. Y'all did a superb job of running the event. This is my first major match and first at DTR and I had a blast and met a lot of fellow shooters. Mud + Cold = Fun. Congrats to everyone who survived INFINITYAREA4CHAMPIONSHIP. You can count me in for next year. KANPAIIIIIIIII :cheers:

:cheers: Great match and had a blast, i think the display board and the palms worked great. the stages were alot of fun and i really enjoyed just shooting, :cheers: To all of squad 19, I had a blast shoot with you guys. I hope to see everyone that shot the match at the double tap in march. A huge thank you to all the sponsors, these matches couldn't happen without them.

Just wanted to say that the Match was great. I enjoyed all the stages and the comaraderie. The weather well, lets just say N Texas does not dissapoint. All the competitors were friendly and respectful to the ROs (You are all to be congradulated). At least on Stage 12. Ken and Lee did an excellent job on everything. Guys, if you are hosting again next year or in need of Ros for another event, count me in. Thanks to everyone Staff and competitors alike for the success.

Ok guys.....not that we have decided to do this again but we would like to solicit feedback on how we can improve the match for next year and what you think we got right this year. We would appreciate it if you were a competitor at this match and want to provide positive feedback or some constructive criticism use the form on the home page of the Area 4 Championship website. Name, USPSA #, and email are not required but are appreciated.

Lee Neel