Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

Official Area 4 match annoucement - 2009

• Replies 321
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I will trade any prizes I may win for weather unlike the Friday Doubletap last spring! :)

I always say if I shoot all of the stages without getting thrown out and better yet, not leaking, I won!

I can't wait. Gotta love shooting at the ranch. Thanks everyone for putting this together. Everyone is invited to our 3gun match the next weekend after Area4 in OKC.

Mike

Edited by mike_pinto

Will there be any target vendors at the match? I could use a couple boxes of ipsc if possible.

Jesse,

At this time we do not have a target/powder/primer dealer that is coming. Seems the lack of components doesn't make it worth their time.

Lee

Guys and gals, several more sponsors have stepped up to support this match. We are at greater than $ 31,000.00 in prizes now. Everyone signed up thus far will receive a nice prize, many will get a fantastic prize.....no t-shirt only type thing going on here!

Please remember to support those who support our sport directly. Links to all the sponsors are available on the Area 4 Championship website. Make sure to mention Area 4 when ordering or these fine folks won't know their sponsorship is appreciated.

Lee

Thursday

Oct 08 T-storms

Hi: 86° Lo: 56°

T-storms. High 86F and low 56F. Winds NE at 10 mph. Air Quality: NA, UV Index: NA

40%

Friday

Oct 09 T-storms

Hi: 79° Lo: 53°

T-storms. High 79F and low 53F. Winds N at 14 mph. Air Quality: NA, UV Index: NA

40%

Saturday

Oct 10 Showers

Hi: 53° Lo: 45°

Showers. High 53F and low 45F. Winds N at 15 mph. Air Quality: NA, UV Index: NA

80%

Sunday

Oct 11 Rain

Hi: 53° Lo: 48°

Rain. High 53F and low 48F. Winds N at 10 mph. Air Quality: NA, UV Index: NA

50%

CRAP. <_<

accuweather.com seems to have the most reliable longer range forecast, based on watching a few different sites. They're predicting sun next weekend in Wichita Falls. Of course, the accuracy of weather forecasting and the fact that this is Wichita Falls we're talking about means I'll trust it about as far as I can throw your average Meaty Urologist, but... ;) Its hopeful, anyway...

FWIW, the current 10-day forecast on weather.com is quite a bit more optimistic.

Curtis

I am shooting on Friday, so I hope that is some accurate weather forecasting there. There is a world of difference between being damp and 75 degrees and being damp and 53 degrees.

At least sleet looks unlikely!!!!

FWIW, the current 10-day forecast on weather.com is quite a bit more optimistic.

Curtis

I am shooting on Friday, so I hope that is some accurate weather forecasting there. There is a world of difference between being damp and 75 degrees and being damp and 53 degrees.

At least sleet looks unlikely!!!!

Now weather.com says 69 high, 53 low, with "few" showers for Friday. I can deal with that after the last Double Tap.

Of course by Thursday the forecast will be entirely different

Edited by bfwally

packing:

heavy coat

pants

long johns

shorts

slicker suit

rubber boots

cleats

t shirts

fleece hoody

I'm gonna take a chance and leave the hip waders at home... <_<

Man I love living and shooting in Texas, it's a new adventure every day minute.

yeah, I think we can almost rule out snow! :roflol:

I wouldn't go that far, especially now that you said it out loud. :surprise: I'm bringing ALL my clothes to avoid another desperation shopping trip at the WF Wally World.

I shot the RO match yesterday, it is an awesome match - but bring your front sight! And yes, it was sunny and 80-something degrees at one point, then we got wet for a while, then the wind picked up and I put on 2 shirts and a jacket. The usual!

Y'all stop being so negative (I'm looking at YOU, Hebert) - it'll be fine...for Wichita Falls. There won't be snow, and there won't be plagues of locusts, frogs, fiery hail, etc. Probably. Just pack for a trip to the Antarctic and you'll be fine.

Like thegirl said, bring the front sight, and all Wichita Falls preparations (gun dust cover, clean your gun, clean your mags, etc.). Do NOT underestimate the ability of that red dust to cause the gremlins to come out in force. Ask me how I know. <_<Respect the dirt.

It's an awesome match, but it's not the Double Tap - no run and gun hosefest here. Transitions and positions are how I'd describe it. You're gonna run back and forth, squat, jump, sit and (probably) swear. You're also gonna have to wipe the smile off your face when you're done.

I'll see you kids on Stage 9. Rhonda and I are looking forward to seeing all y'all (that's the plural of "y'all") there.

jr

Edited by jimbob_texas

It seems this week, Mother nature is not going to play fair, of course it is not in her nature to be fair, Ha.

So, be prepared for some mud. The red dirt color that makes the DTR so unique will not wash out of socks, pants, and white fabric shoes. The road is mostly gravel, the center isle of the range is gravel, the shooting areas will be treated with bedding as needed.

On the plus side, 1/2 the RO's shot yesterday, I think they had a good time, rain and wind etc.. You best bring lots of ammo.

They had a positive experience with the Stage Score program and Lee had the match updated in minutes. This technology is wonderful.

We will have a prize bag for every shooter at registration, please note the registration times on the match schedule in the online match book. you must pick up your own prize bag, no exceptions. (BTW, there are 8 pistols in the mix, good luck).

Edited by shootingchef

At the moment we have (3) slots for Sat/Sun shooting available. They are on different squads and available on a first emailed to me, first served basis.

registration@area4championship.com

Lee Neel