Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

Official Area 4 match annoucement - 2009

• Replies 321
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

The Friday schedule is for people who want to shoot the entire match on Friday, 12 stages.

The normal match schedule is 8 stages on Saturday and the remaining 4 Sunday morning with awards and prize table after.

Lee

Forgot to mention, there will be a "early bird" drawing for those applications that are received prior to July 1st. Don't wait till later to register now!

Winner of that drawing will receive one each:

CED M2 Chronograph System

Infrared Screen Set with batteries

Table Mounting Plate

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

We would like to get input from the shooters who plan to attend Area 4 this year on the Stage we use in the match. We will pick 12 from a pool of 17 finalists.

If you plan to attend the match let your voice be heard by voting at Pool of Area 4 Stages

All stages are obviously subject to NROI approval and may/will change as they hit the ground. Additional No-Shoots/Hard Cover targets will be added as needed.

Off to vote now...hope you will too...

Lee

Speed Shooter International is on board as a sponsor!

Don't forget to vote for the stages...

Lee

We would like to get input from the shooters who plan to attend Area 4 this year on the Stage we use in the match. We will pick 12 from a pool of 17 finalists.

If you plan to attend the match let your voice be heard by voting at Pool of Area 4 Stages

All stages are obviously subject to NROI approval and may/will change as they hit the ground. Additional No-Shoots/Hard Cover targets will be added as needed.

Montana Gold is on board as a Match sponsor!

Lee

I just sent Steve an email RE: RO'ing. I REALLY appreciate all the effort you guys are putting into making this a GREAT match... as it should be.

THANK YOU! I'll do my best to help out.

we are in the process of finishing the hotel deal, I am hopeful we can announce the hotel soon.

Glock is on board as a stage sponsor and Mr. Dave Sevigny will be attending. Production should be a great match up with Max and Dave.

I will be bidding for my next post for the rest of the year next month. Hopfully I will get weekends off again and there is still room in this match by then. If so I am gonna shoot off my application asap! ;)

Only Fine Knives is on board as a Match sponsor! I got to handle the provided knives today and all I can think of is "That's not a knife, this is a knife!" Truly a forever knife. All of you who are lucky enough to pick one of these up should be very happy campers!

Lee

• 2 weeks later...

GTUL is on board as a sponsor! Cool tool if you shoot a Glock.

Don't forget to vote for the stages...voting open until 6-5-09.

Lee

Ok, back from the Texas Open in which we used the StageScore Palm Pilot scoring program and my Infrared Printers. This was a ~120 shooter match for which we used as a dry run for Area 4 and we learned a few things.

First, it is a great solution....I think we had 4 errors out of ~1200 score entries which is less that we have seen with a paper based system.

We learned the printers/Palms work together better if not in direct sunlight. I will have some setup box/cover that allows for a bit more consistency in printing.

We also learned the printing is still a bit slower than we would like and to combat the delay we will just have 2 Palm and probably 2 printers on each stage.

Fortunately I have enough equipment to allow for this....

Overall, the system worked great and final scores were printed 10 minutes after I received the Palm from the last stage shot. I appreciate all the Texas Open RO's for being our testers....

Don't forget to vote for the stages...voting open until 6-5-09.

Lee

Heard from most RO's about palm scoring system after they familiarized, it is very friendly and easy, There is even one RO comfortably running the stage, I offered help he reply i can do it with this system,amazing.

NTPS headed by Lee Neel,Ken Cobb,Nick,Scott and Adan. They are the organizer and hosting the AREA4 championship this year, For helping Texas Open in scoring, Thank you guys.

Area4 this year going to be a great match. Lot of sponsors too.

Alex

Edited by 4everB

Glock is on board as a stage sponsor! A certain shooter from Glock will also be attending.....I think the Production Division at A4 is going to be a shootout!

Don't forget to vote for the stages...voting closes tomorrow. Last chance to make your choices known!

Lee

Rudy Project is on board as a sponsor!

Don't forget to vote for the stages...voting closes tomorrow. Last chance to make your choices known!

Lee

News Flash:

The Rudy Project has stepped up to be a Stage Sponsor...excellent news!

Rudy Project is on board as a stage sponsor!

Lee