Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

What's your favorite AR grip?

J-Ho

• Replies 127
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I like the Magpul MIAD, you can swap front straps and back straps out until you get the perfect feel.

+1 I think it's the perfect all-in-one grip. I can't imagine a hand that it couldn't be adapted to fit perfectly.

Ed

I like to grip it so the barrel points generaly down range and kind of at the target. :roflol:

I like the Mag-Pul grip the very best, and if you can get Larry White to texture it a bit more life is really good! A grip you can swap around to fit your hand perfectly plus a secret compartment so you can feel like a kid again; like with those boots that came with a secret pocket with a flashlight or pocket knife. How can you beat that??? Go Mag-Pul KurtM

BTW Mikey I got one for your J.P.!

I like to grip it so the barrel points generaly down range and kind of at the target. :roflol:

I like the Mag-Pul grip the very best, and if you can get Larry White to texture it a bit more life is really good! A grip you can swap around to fit your hand perfectly plus a secret compartment so you can feel like a kid again; like with those boots that came with a secret pocket with a flashlight or pocket knife. How can you beat that??? Go Mag-Pul KurtM

I have to be careful around Larry. He told me that if the light wasn't real good he might end up shooting me. :lol: (ask him about the hat I wore at Benny's match in San Antonio)

It looks like things are quickly leaning toward the Magpul direction. I might just have to try one out.

http://www.brownells.com/aspx/ns/store/Pro...il.aspx?p=14294

936001015.jpg

Sierra Precision. I like the thumbrest, but more importantly, I like how fat it is. None of the others I tried (MIAD included) even came close to fitting my hand (long fingers). A "normal" AR-15 grip has my trigger-finger pointed almost straght back at me.

With the SP grip, the end of my trigger-finger gets closer to being pointed left. Still not perfect, but it's the best I've found.

Edited by Anon

Magpul for a gun I have to manipulate rapidly, have them on 5 AR's. I do have one of the Sierra Precision grips on a .300 Whisper, but this is a slow fire gun for me.

Magpul with the large backstrap works well for me, the trigger ends up just in front of the distal joint of my trigger finger.

I like the Magpul MIAD, you can swap front straps and back straps out until you get the perfect feel.

I'm another recent convert. Both stock and Hogue grips just didn't seem beefy enough to fit my hand right. I'm now running the MIAD with the biggest backstrap and no-finger-groove front.

Oh please say it ain't so!! I find myself agreeing with Merlin. I just wrapped my hands around a friend's Magpul grip, I think I'll have to stick with the Ergo grip. The new ones even have the secret compartment. I have one of the older type that didn't have it. So now I can hide my super secret spy equipment in it! :ph34r:

Thanks for the input everyone!

Oh please say it ain't so!! I find myself agreeing with Merlin. I just wrapped my hands around a friend's Magpul grip, I think I'll have to stick with the Ergo grip. The new ones even have the secret compartment. I have one of the older type that didn't have it. So now I can hide my super secret spy equipment in it! :ph34r:

Thanks for the input everyone!

I find I like the ergo best and I like the magpul, I have more rifles with the ergo, but my next build will be the magpul because I have already purchased it. I have tried all the others and sold them off 1 by1 and have stayed with the ergos.

http://www.brownells.com/aspx/ns/store/Pro...il.aspx?p=14294

936001015.jpg

Sierra Precision. I like the thumbrest, but more importantly, I like how fat it is. None of the others I tried (MIAD included) even came close to fitting my hand (long fingers). A "normal" AR-15 grip has my trigger-finger pointed almost straght back at me.

With the SP grip, the end of my trigger-finger gets closer to being pointed left. Still not perfect, but it's the best I've found.

+1

I like it better than the MIAD

ERGO ROCKS !!! But get the fat grip, palm swell [depending on your hand size] , AND the soft textured model. Added big benefit of placing your hand further back so trigger finger is on trigger properly. The standard grips are so small. I guess these were made for youngsters who hadn't fully developed a handful of muscles yet.

Like Bwit says, extends the web of the hand so the trigger length is more like the pistol. The gapper plug is a good plus and the Ergo clears the selector switch almost the best of all, at least better than the Hogue.

Scott Hawkins

AKA Busyhawk