• 1 month later...
  • Replies 127
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• 1 year later...
http://www.brownells.com/aspx/ns/store/Pro...il.aspx?p=14294

936001015.jpg

Sierra Precision. I like the thumbrest, but more importantly, I like how fat it is. None of the others I tried (MIAD included) even came close to fitting my hand (long fingers). A "normal" AR-15 grip has my trigger-finger pointed almost straght back at me.

With the SP grip, the end of my trigger-finger gets closer to being pointed left. Still not perfect, but it's the best I've found.

Does this grip have the rubbery hogue/ergo grip feel to it?

I am looking for something larger than the hogue or ERGO sure with the rubbery feel to it. Has anyone tried the Ergo Grip AR-15/M16 SureGrip Tactical Deluxe Grip? I'm thinking about ordering one.

Edited by jtischauser

http://www.brownells.com/aspx/ns/store/Pro...il.aspx?p=14294

936001015.jpg

Sierra Precision. I like the thumbrest, but more importantly, I like how fat it is. None of the others I tried (MIAD included) even came close to fitting my hand (long fingers). A "normal" AR-15 grip has my trigger-finger pointed almost straght back at me.

With the SP grip, the end of my trigger-finger gets closer to being pointed left. Still not perfect, but it's the best I've found.

Does this grip have the rubbery hogue/ergo grip feel to it?

I am looking for something larger than the hogue or ERGO sure with the rubbery feel to it. Has anyone tried the Ergo Grip AR-15/M16 SureGrip Tactical Deluxe Grip? I'm thinking about ordering one.

It does not have the rubbeery feel to it. It is however large enough to fit larger hand sizes and is easily molded for a custom fit. To my knowledge it is the largest grip out there.

I love the Tango Down grip. Guess in the minority here.

Yes, it is a bit shallow but my fingers are a bit stubbier and if I optimize for length to the trigger then the mag catch will be suboptimal. I just have my trigger finger joint sticking out the side so I can get my fingerpad on the trigger. It's fine for me, not uncomfortable, and I run an ambi safety so this actually also results in my finger clearing the safety lever.

Other than that, I also find the TD grip to be a comfy shape.

I'm with Kurt...I like the little compartment. I just got a "spares" kit from brownell's (or midway) and it fits in there nicely. It has gas rings, springs, etc...all hidden away. I hope I remember where I put it. B)

I like the Hogue's and the soft Ergo's but if you want the ultimate try out the large pattern Ergo that they make for the AR10.

Not only is it soft and grippy but it also gives you great leverage to manipulate the gun. Some feel it is too big at first but the size puts your trigger finger in a much better position to manipulate the trigger.

I love it.

• 4 months later...

Man you just beat me to it... Stark is an up an coming company in the grip department. If you get one you will not be let down. I also have Hogue and Ergo, and I will be switching all of them to the Stark

Steve, sounds like you have one already. So, don't feel beat down.

Jay

ERGO ROCKS !!! But get the fat grip, palm swell [depending on your hand size] , AND the soft textured model. Added big benefit of placing your hand further back so trigger finger is on trigger properly. The standard grips are so small. I guess these were made for youngsters who hadn't fully developed a handful of muscles yet.

bwit, is there a small and large size Ergo SureGrip?? I thought there was just a Right Hand model, and a symmetrical model... At any rate, my SureGrip RH was too narrow around the top (so my trigger finger reached too far). I replaced it with a MIAD (large back strap / flat front strap), and it fits my XL hand much better.

I got a Magpul MIAD and loved it. I picked up a MOE and it seems to be in the same configuration as my MIAD, so I got with those now. I do find that they get a little slick when wet, so I add a couple strips of bike intertube. Makes my hand grab on a little better, especially in the summer.

DSC_00292.JPG

• 2 weeks later...