Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

What's your favorite AR grip?

J-Ho

• Replies 127
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• 2 weeks later...

The ERgo tactical DELUXE. i have long fingers and with the big palm swell and back strap, it finally allows my hand to operate the trigger in a neutral position vs being cramped up like the standard A2 dowel-thin grip.

I use the MOE on all of my AR's, and I recently tried the MOE+ (rubber over-mold) it is fantastic!

+1 on the MOE+

I have been very pleased with my new Magpul MOE+ grip. I practically purr like a cat when I use it. Great texture!! The stock grip on my AR was so small! Are they making these rifles for children?

I don't mean to say the MOE+ is the very best (wouldn't know), but it's a big improvement over the stock grip I had.

I bought a MIAD first, but found the shape uncomfortable. Bought an ERGO next, the MIAD is now in the parts box. Next rifle will probably have a 4045 ERGO.

I have an Ergo for an AK that I will swap you for your AR MIAD.

• 3 weeks later...

I like the Sierra Precision for the rifles i can have a pistol grip on here in California. It puts my trigger finger right where I want it.

I also use a Hammerhead grip in the type II configuration for those AR rifles I cannot have a PG on. Something like this:

IMG_9815_C.JPG

I'm in the process of changing away from my Ergos, at least on my competition rifle. My new gun with optic is significantly heavier (~2lb) than my old iron-sighted rifle. While I was doing dry fire practice, I noticed occasional sharp pain in my right hand, particularly when doing reloads. So I started working to understand why, and found that I was having two issues with the Ergo. First, the size/shape of the grip put my hand at an angle that happened to cause pain when supporting the rifle one-handed. Second, I found that I'm trying to grip the rifle higher (like I would with a pistol) and my fingers weren't actually in the grooves, but on them.

I put my old MIAD on with the large back panel, and it was better. I don't care for the MIAD texture, and the shape is a bit boxy, but my wrist stopped hurting - which was the important point. The MOE wouldn't work, as the mid-sized back panel was not as comfortable to me on the MOE. I may end up trying a couple of new grips as well.

I think it's interesting that I didn't have that pain with an Ergo on my lighter rifle, but at this point I'm going to go with the MIAD for a while and see how it works.

Edited by 59Bassman

My hands hate rubber and tried various Ergo and Houge grips but none suited the texture I needed. I prefer the texture on the Magpul MOE or MIAD and fits my hand nicley. Have one on every AR I own.

Edited by KTKlaus

• 3 weeks later...

I ran the Ergo Foxbat grip for many years.

Couple years ago switched to Ergo RH rubber and moved the Foxbats to the long range rifles.

I am now switching to the MIAD in box configuration.

Just feels better in my "average" hands even though it's not soft rubber.

MOE feel is different enough for me to prefer the MIAD.

Nick

• 2 weeks later...