Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

What's your favorite AR grip?

J-Ho

• Replies 127
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I liked the old style Ergo grip that was hard plastic. I just don't like my AR to flex up and down when I only have one hand on it. I'm currently using an A2 grip textured by Shanahan on my main competition rifle. Magpul MOE or MIAD (set up like MOE) on all but one of the others and a Hogue on the last one. I just haven't gotten around to getting rid of the Hogue, but I probably will this weekend. I use the Magpul triggerguards on everything that doesn't already have one built in. Either the aluminum or the MOE ones depending on when I built the gun. No problems with either. I'll probably get everything switched over to Magpul one of these days.

• 6 months later...
  • 2 weeks later...

I too like the magpul. I first tried the MIAD. After I configured it to my liking I realized it was now exactly like their MOE grip, so now that is what I use.

+1 But I'll have to try the inner tube thing every one is talking about.

I have tried it. And all of the rubbery grips mentioned earlier. At work we have the Hogue on our duty rifles. I personally do not care for them. I have never had any issue with a hard plastic grip bieng slippery. I have had issue with rubbery grips bieng so grippy it took a bit of effort (time) to adjust to a better grip for the circumstance.

Edited by mpeltier

Switched from the A2 grip to the original Tangodown grip. Found that a little small so then went to the MIAD grip with medium insert.

Have not tried the big Tangodown yet, however, the MIAD fits me so well I probably will not.

Also, have a spare headspaced bolt in the grip of the MIAD.

• 2 months later...
At work we have the Hogue on our duty rifles. I personally do not care for them. I have never had any issue with a hard plastic grip bieng slippery. I have had issue with rubbery grips bieng so grippy it took a bit of effort (time) to adjust to a better grip for the circumstance.

Same here...I'll stay with the stock hard plastic grip.

• 2 months later...