Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

What's your favorite AR grip?

J-Ho

• Replies 127
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Update....I just switched all my grips over to the Ergo 4045's they are soft and grippy like the Hogues but are larger and place my finger in a much better position for trigger manipulation.

I'm loosing my mind trying to find the right grip. I like a longer than normal distance from the palm swell to the trigger, but that's not easy to come by in an AR grip.

I like the Hogue, but it wasn't enough.

I've tried the MIAD and while I like it, it's probably not that much better than the Hogue.

I'm trying an Arms Tech Rite Pull Grip Adapter right now and it puts the whole grip back about 3/4 inch, which is great for shooting bench-rest, but is just a bit too much the rest of the time.

I really like the Sierra Precision grip, but it interferes with my ambidextrous safety, which I don't want to give up. If I were just shooting slow fire, this would probably be my choice.

Looks like the next thing to try is going to be the Ergo 4045.

• 1 month later...

Being one of the lucky 3-gunners who lives in CA, I had to build a featureless AR. So I have been using the hammerhead grip for exile machine. It is different and takes a little getting used to, but it's the only way to be legal if you are not old enough to own a grandfathered in rifle.

Here's a link

http://www.exilemachine.com/

• 1 month later...

I partially copied Jerry Miculek's favorite grip, a standard A2 ground completely smooth. Works well, as he says, "I want to hold the gun, I don't want the gun to hold me." Mine still has the checkering but the finger grooves are all gone. Jerry's hands aren't huge but they're a whole lot bigger than mine and he holds the little grip just fine.

I've tried the ergo / stock and MIAD grips and I have found that I prefer the MIAD. I like that you can change the front strap and that the grip is a bit fatter. I feel that I have a bit more control with this grip than with my other ones when I'm supporting the gun with just the strong hand, such as during reloads. I also think little Ammo compartment in the grip is neat :cheers:

CAZ

• 1 month later...
  • 1 month later...

I said it way back... try a Stark, and you'll never go to anything else. The one piece trigger guard will totally stop that "AR middle finger" when you are holding your rifle. The grip will shift your hand back a little, and give you the proper trigger finger extension, and it has light checkering to help with your grip, but no so much that it is too grippy. For those of you that run a one piece sling (personally I like my nads just like they are with out a rifle beating them up), you can get them with a high plug in, and your sling will quick connect right into the guard. Of course it has the mandatory battery storage in the bottom of the grip. If you can't tell, I really like it. I have ARs that have stock grips,ergo, hogue, and the stark. One at a time they will all be switched over to this model. I like it that much...

I'll speak up, just to add some variety to the discussion if nothing else. I run the now-discontinued Pachmayr Vindicator for the AR. It feels like a nice revolver grip, and has a built-in "adapter" to move the grip back a little bit to help get the trigger finger in the right spot.

DanO