Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

Just wondering what division everyone is currently shooting.

f250sd

• Replies 61
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Open class here.

Red dots are great for my old eyes. While my open gun was getting hard chromed, I shot the first match in over 20 years with iron sights. By the end of the night I was expecting the club members to take up donations to get me a seeing eye dog.

Bill

Open. With L10 as my fall back when ammo is tight or problems arise, but Dad appropriated that gun for his use. But I have a new Limited gun at the gunsmith's so maybe changing later in the year.

Last match I shot in Limited class with my Glock 19 but I usually shoot in Production class.

Lets face it as far as the "practical" side of USPSA goes Production is designed for those of us that , at the present moment, can't afford a nice open gun and all the gunsmithing and stuff that goes along with owning an open gun.

I hope one day to get one but for right now shooting Production with as another put it "Occasional forays into Limited" is it for me.

When I get my ParaOrd .45 I'll have to get into re-loading seriously.

Looking at the Dillon 650 and the expense of it and wondering how to justify it to "the real boss".

Could be worse....could be raining!

JK

Limited, with "occasional forays" (I liked the wording, too) into Open & Revolver and, once in a while, Production. Too many divisions to choose from, and each has its own allure. They're all fun, just in different ways.

Started out going to shoot Single Stack this year and then shoot the Nat's but had foot surgey and couldn't make so I went back to L10 shooting it with my single stack and 10 round mags.

Just recently picked up a very well cared for Brazo's Limited gun and have been shooting for the last couple of weeks in Limited.

I am going to shoot it in the Pro-am and then shoot L10 in A3, but then finish out shooting Limited with it this year.

I was really thinking about making the jump to production, but I have been wanting to shoot Limited for the last two years and now have the gun and gear to do so.

Lets face it as far as the "practical" side of USPSA goes Production is designed for those of us that , at the present moment, can't afford a nice open gun and all the gunsmithing and stuff that goes along with owning an open gun.

For some Production may be a waystation, but for many of us, it's a way of life. Count me in a diehard Production shooter who intends to stay. It's really nice to pick up a $500 Glock and know that $250 later, that gun is a "full race Production gun" and you didn't need a smith to get there. All the rest of your focus can go to the shooting. All the extra money can be spent on other toys for the occasional 3-gun match...I forgot, we need all that money now for reloading components or gas to get to the range :sick:

Curtis

Open at least through September, then back to Limited for a while to use massive amounts of 40 ammo on hand.

Boz, I just picked up my limited gun, if you need help getting through some of that .40 ammo let me know, you can send me some :roflol: