Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

What Does Your Limited Or Limited 10 Look Like?

DBake

• Replies 939
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• 2 weeks later...

OK - after 13 months of patience, I received my SV limited blaster with two top ends.

L-to-R Pics 1 & 2 with the 6" upper and Pics 3 & 4 with the 5" upper.

ETA:

Before anyone gets their panties in a bunch, yes, that is grip tape on both slides. Sacriledge? Maybe, but if you look closely, you'll also notice no serrations. I could not decide so I asked Brandon to ship without.

I'm thinking of sending it off to Matt Cheely for his barrel fluting and serrations.

post-27251-0-10584100-1328913066_thumb.j

post-27251-0-68217000-1328913081_thumb.j

post-27251-0-38052900-1328913201_thumb.j

post-27251-0-88445300-1328913215_thumb.j

Edited by lumpygravy

which top end are you liking more so far?

All things being equal, after a little dry fire, I like the 5".

Target acquisition with the 6" feels like aiming a telephone pole. The 5" feels more natural but that's what I'm used to and the only length I've ever shot.

Gun weight w/ 6" = 48oz.

Gun weight w/ 5" = 42oz.

The weight probably has something to do with the way each one feels. I'm guessing that serrations and barrel fluting will take 2-3oz off the 6" and a little less off of the 5".

I'll have to put both on the timer and paper to form a more objective opinion.

which top end are you liking more so far?

All things being equal, after a little dry fire, I like the 5".

Target acquisition with the 6" feels like aiming a telephone pole. The 5" feels more natural but that's what I'm used to and the only length I've ever shot.

Gun weight w/ 6" = 48oz.

Gun weight w/ 5" = 42oz.

The weight probably has something to do with the way each one feels. I'm guessing that serrations and barrel fluting will take 2-3oz off the 6" and a little less off of the 5".

I'll have to put both on the timer and paper to form a more objective opinion.

Hello: Those are heavy weights :surprise: Try a 6" at 37-39ozs and you will change your mind :cheers: Thanks, Eric

Hello: Those are heavy weights :surprise: Try a 6" at 37-39ozs and you will change your mind :cheers: Thanks, Eric

Because of the steel SV grip, the weights are going to be on the high side compared to an STI poly grip.

The 5" points really well but again, I think that's because I'm used to a 5" gun.

I think if I can get the 6" down to 42oz., it would be a horse race.

thats strange. my 5 inch standard dust cover with xcellerator serrations + internal slide lightening still comes in at 43.8 ounces. Did you get aluminum magwell/msh?

poings like a telephone pole, i like that.

I read somewhere that some of the SVI open guns hit 58 ounces! Crazy!

I might have mis-read the scale Digs - I'm using a trigger pull scale. It's either 42oz or 44 oz with the 5" upper but I'm sure it's 48oz with the 6".

I believe both slides were internally lightend though I haven't actually checked the 5". The rest of the weight is in the bull barrels and dustcover.

I might have mis-read the scale Digs - I'm using a trigger pull scale. It's either 42oz or 44 oz with the 5" upper but I'm sure it's 48oz with the 6".

I believe both slides were internally lightend though I haven't actually checked the 5". The rest of the weight is in the bull barrels and dustcover.

FWIW, my 6" Infinity weighs 44.4oz and my 5" Infinity weighs 42.2oz, both with xcelerator serrations and bushing barrels. My new 4.5" Sight Tracker weighs 45oz!! The hybrid barrel and extended dust cover made it a little heavier.

FWIW, my 6" Infinity weighs 44.4oz and my 5" Infinity weighs 42.2oz, both with xcelerator serrations and bushing barrels. My new 4.5" Sight Tracker weighs 45oz!! The hybrid barrel and extended dust cover made it a little heavier.

Yep, those weight and setups sound right.

I went with bull barrels and no serrations with the intent to skeletonize the slides (though this practice is contrary to Brandon's recommendation) and flute the barrels. I also have a long plug and 6" guide rod in the 6".

I may change my mind about skeletonizing the 5" because it points really well like it is at 44oz. Adding SV serrations would take a little off - not much, but I don't think I'd need much.

On the other hand, I think the 6" would really benefit from some serious lightening in the front end nose area.

Edited by lumpygravy

This is my L-10 xdm set up not as good as some of those custom jobs but it runs Dam good. Has a 2 1/2 pound trigger from Springer an some work done on the insides. It works for a poor mans gun!440c30d7-8528-10fe.jpg

Sent from Feegee's iPhone using Tapatalk

Edited by Feegee Dean Matlock

...nothing fancy. 3rd Gen G21. Heinie sights, my own tigger job w/Glock minus connector, extended Glock factory slide release, Jentra grip plug.

Awaiting the new barrel then it's ready to go.

Used for L10 and IDPA CDP Division.

post-402-0-86584900-1330369769_thumb.jpg

• 2 weeks later...