Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

Single Stack Photo Thread

dirtypool40

• Replies 1.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Just finished slapping this one together from bits and pieces from the "parts box" that most of us long time 1911 owners have.

While it may not look finished it is ready to shoot and is this replacement for the 1927 Argentine that has developed its second slide crack.

I use these sightless guns for fun and a training tool for students that believe that you got to have "this sight" " that barrel" or some other

equipment crutch to shoot well. You can guess that I haven't fallen prey to that (not that I don't LOVE cool guns, I do!)

p1141830378-4.jpg

p1141830320-4.jpg

p1141830298-4.jpg

p1141830276-4.jpg

My STI Hard Chrome Lawman 3.0

I picked up my new Hard Chrome Lawman 3.0 today and I'm very pleased with it. I put about twenty rounds of 230gr ball ammo through it and it functions as good as it looks.

For those not familiar with STI it is an Employee owned company and there guns are backed with a Lifetime Warranty, there customer service is some of the best in the industry.

Stock except for the VZ grips

IMG_1262_zpse6923aa9.jpgIMG_1263_zps1fb0d296.jpg

• 2 weeks later...

This one is a tool and not a showpiece, and as such doesn't belong in the company of the artistry I see in this thread.

Got my Caspian .40S&W finished. Freedom Gunworks did the tri-top and parkerizing. Sorry for the iPhone pics; I tried to clean them up a bit but it didn't help much.

Caspian_40_01.png

Caspian_40_03.png

Caspian_40_02.png

I edited out the numeric suffix, but you can see that I built this with the Single Stack division in mind. blush.gif

Caspian_40_04.png

• 2 weeks later...

Just bought this beauty. It has been somebody safequeen the last couple of years not knowing (or caring that it's race ready for Classic division). It is practically new in box and i got it for a steal. I'm so chuffed.

Waiting for the paperwork so I can get it in my safe and take some decent pictures.

It's a Caspian with Ed Brown parts and a ramped Schuemann Ultimatch barrel in 40SW. Classic division here I come.

GroteFoto-UT6GNXFJ.jpg

GroteFoto-LGBEOJCP.jpg

Thanks

Weight? To light to heavy? Looking at the current IPSC regulations I don't see anything about weight limitations. Is this perhaps a USPSA rule?

Besides the Box dimensions I can only find:

Handguns must be based on and visibly resemble the classic 1911-genre design. This means a single-stack, one

piece metal frame, and a dust cover (without an accessory rail) which has a maximum length of 75mm when

measured from the leading edge of the dust cover to the rear of the slide stop pin. Magazine well openings

cannot exceed a maximum outside width of 35mm. Compliance is checked by way of a 35mm wide, and at least

5mm deep, notch carved into the outside of the box, or by use of a ruler or caliper, as approved by the Range

Master.

17. Prohibited modifications are slide lightening cuts, weak hand thumb rests and slide rackers.

18. Permitted modifications are those of a cosmetic nature (e.g. custom grip panels, scrimshaw or similar surface

engravings, checkering or serrations etc.), replacement single or ambidextrous thumb safeties, and any open

sights (which may be embedded into the slide).

Edited by BlueVFRank