Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

Single Stack Photo Thread

dirtypool40

• Replies 1.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Aha, well this one already has a full length guide rod and if the sigths move a inch i'll replace it with a tungsten guide rod just to make sure it doesn't move anymore :devil:

He but you guys get to use 6 inch slides and 140mm mags, we have "the box" :sick:

Cant wait till the Worldshoot in Florida 2014. it's always been a dream for me to shoot matches on the birthground of the 1911

I shoot Single Stack, and we have the Box and the Weight. Trust me, a Caspian that has not had weight removed will not make weight for USPSA. For that matter, most of us using a certain basepad have to trim the basepad to make it fit in the box as well.

For that matter, most of us using a certain basepad have to trim the basepad to make it fit in the box as well.

Hmm i'm using Tripp mags with a alloy basepad now that wouldn't get me in to trouble would it? In IPSC for major scoring calibers your limited to 8 round (and 10 for minor). It's a nice change coming from Brazilian mags in standard to "just" using mags that always work.

For that matter, most of us using a certain basepad have to trim the basepad to make it fit in the box as well.

Hmm i'm using Tripp mags with a alloy basepad now that wouldn't get me in to trouble would it? In IPSC for major scoring calibers your limited to 8 round (and 10 for minor). It's a nice change coming from Brazilian mags in standard to "just" using mags that always work.

You should be fine, the ones I am talking about are the Wilson 47 DE basepads

Handguns must be based on and visibly resemble the classic 1911-genre design. This means a single-stack, one

piece metal frame, and a dust cover (without an accessory rail) which has a maximum length of 75mm when

measured from the leading edge of the dust cover to the rear of the slide stop pin. Magazine well openings

cannot exceed a maximum outside width of 35mm. Compliance is checked by way of a 35mm wide, and at least

5mm deep, notch carved into the outside of the box, or by use of a ruler or caliper, as approved by the Range

Master.

17. Prohibited modifications are slide lightening cuts, weak hand thumb rests and slide rackers.

18. Permitted modifications are those of a cosmetic nature (e.g. custom grip panels, scrimshaw or similar surface

engravings, checkering or serrations etc.), replacement single or ambidextrous thumb safeties, and any open

sights (which may be embedded into the slide).

I'm new to SS, and I just bought the pics below for this division. While showing it off, I would like to get some clarification on these rules. I see a lot of 3 sided slides, and customization, Will the HP cut up front keep me out of the game?

Gun was a Mil-Spec. here's the list from what I can can tell thus far:

Nowlin barrel/bushing

S&A MSH and magwell soon to be techwell w modded VZ G10's fit properly.

Fusion trigger

EGW internals

Ed brown Bomar style night sights melted in to flat top Going F/O up front.

I can't tell what hammer, but I'm changing it to an HD or Koenig.

I'm also going to have the trigger guard squared with a med Flat SV trigger

post-20939-0-53547600-1354730792_thumb.jpost-20939-0-51289000-1354730811_thumb.jpost-20939-0-42448100-1354730832_thumb.jpost-20939-0-12229000-1354730853_thumb.jpost-20939-0-95561900-1354730872_thumb.j

I'm new to SS, and I just bought the pics below for this division. While showing it off, I would like to get some clarification on these rules. I see a lot of 3 sided slides, and customization, Will the HP cut up front keep me out of the game?

Honestly, I never thought about an HP cut nor do I recall anyone asking about it as it may relate to SS rules. Good question. I'm guessing the HP cut will fall under:

18. Permitted modifications are those of a cosmetic nature (e.g. custom grip panels, scrimshaw or similar surface

engravings, checkering or serrations etc.), replacement single or ambidextrous thumb safeties, and any open

sights (which may be embedded into the slide).

Specifically, the "cosmetic" part.

Nice piece BTW....